Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:57 AM | Unregistered Commenterfred

Should we go back and measure the manufactured outrage expressed here when Obama allegedly interfered in British politics and compare it with the deathly silence here attendant upon Trump's latest efforts of political incorrectness? Selective vision reigns.

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:09 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK, when you refer to "here" do you mean UK, Westminster, BBC, Guardian or Bishop Hill?

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:31 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC. Guess, do you really believe there has been a deathly silence in the UK, Westminster, BBC, or Guardian? Specifically I was alluding to this particular "discussion". Wouldn't you agree?

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:53 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

"Should we go back and measure the manufactured outrage expressed here when Obama allegedly interfered in British politics and compare it with the deathly silence here attendant upon Trump's latest efforts of political incorrectness? Selective vision reigns."

allegedly?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=obama+brexit+back+of+the+queue&atb=v104-1&ia=web

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:19 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Blimey...

Democrats joining the Republicans

Pelosi yesterday gets angry and evasive with press questions about impeachment - and goes off on minor stuff - refusing to talk at all about impeachment.

Schiff looks to be trying to brass it out.... and won't push the matter to the Congressional judiciary committee - who are ... just itching to ask him some questions.

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:54 AM | Unregistered Commentertomo

Another bit of shine comes off BHO

The feds indicted Pras Michel, a rapper for the group ‘The Fugees’ on Friday for funneling millions of dollars of foreign money to Barack Obama’s 2012 presidential campaign.The Justice Department accused Mr. Michel of funneling foreign money to pro-Obama super PACs without disclosing the origins of the money, which was reportedly tied to Malaysian businessman, Jho Low.

USD $21,600,000 apparently - you could buy a nice waterside retreat in the NE for that.

Nov 2, 2019 at 1:11 AM | Registered Commentertomo

You really have to feel sorry for him this time

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:22 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Clipe if you are going to respond to my question about selective silence, why not provide an answer rather than give further illustration of it?

Nov 2, 2019 at 7:38 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK - absolutely whataboutery - but £67.5 Million of our taxes on jetsetting prod-nosery?

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:18 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Et tu tomo? Nothing unexpected!

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:42 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Wouldn't you agree?

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:53 AM | AK

I was actually thinking about all the false claims previously used to try and impeach Trump, including Steele's Dodgy Dossier. There has been no acknowledgement or apology from all those that believed and trusted the Democrats. The Democrats have kept pretty quiet about them too.

The UK and EU Establishments, including well paid elected members and salaried civil servants have also attacked Trump. It is not surprising that he returns the favours.

Nov 2, 2019 at 11:54 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Clipe. BTW in this counttry when someone is accused but it is not proven in a court of law, one should always use the word "allegedly" when referring to the (alleged) wrongdoing. Just as I allege you are spinning wildly to avoid criticizing the immaculate Trump. Not a word about his alleged reneging on allies, nor about his alleged blatant interference upon another country's political affairs. Blatant bias in a nutshell.

Nov 2, 2019 at 11:58 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

GC. Why not address the question I posed, rather than swerve around it by considering another quite different question that you would much rather answer?

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:03 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK - my recollection is that Barry made a threat - Trump has offered some advice...

:-)

As far as DJT is concerned I find myself actually more exercised by the anti Trump tactics that have been transported across the Atlantic nearly intact to be deployed in politics this side of that pond.

I do have to say that the deployment of 30,000 co-opted nutcase busybodies given "official powers" to drive the "climate emergency" has put me in a right bad mood today. A local example of the sort of precious ignorant twerps that are being recruited into leading The "Eco Dad's Army"

Nov 2, 2019 at 4:34 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo. Swing, swing, swerve, swerve. It's absolutely clear what you are exercised by and that's avoiding commenting on Trump's blatant interference in British politics. Yet you were, and still are, one of those most willing to chastise Obama for simply commenting that Brexit would cause Britain to go to the back of the queue. You can't support Trump on his interf, but you don't want to offer any criticism either. Also rather quiet on Trump's ill treatment of his ally - the Syrian Kurds.

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:09 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK

At the time I saw the way Obamah delivered the phrase - it was not a comment - it was imho a curt threat delivered like a testy school teacher.

Some say he was asked to be negative by Cameron ..... my perception is that as yet Trump's administration hasn't directly threatened the UK - maybe I missed it ? You'll set me straight?

You of all the commenters here are one of the more obviously well travelled - you know the issue of the Kurds is a powderkeg that affects Syria , Turkey, Iran, Iraq and the stability of the "Russian" Caucasus region. America disentangling itself from the regional tarpit - or a least disengaging + realigning would have to happen at some stage.... That CIA base in Jordan must be the largest outside the USA.

Earlier this year I attended a Kurdish(Turkish) knees-up in Finsbury Park. Kurdistan was a theme.... patriotic songs were booming out of the PA and military fatigues and colourful scarves were all around - they are a fiercely proud, self reliant and motivated crew and at the end of it they need to take care of themselves. The Saudis and their chums see the Kurds as in their bailiwick and want to subjugate them - ditto in a way the Iranians... and the Turks.... The old chesnut of Sunni vs. Shia on top of aspirations of nationhood based on perceived ethnicity.... and territorial disputes - yeah sure - lets side with erm.... who exactly ?

I'd add that the overland route for Gulf (Arabian/Persian take your pick) gas and oil traverses the area....

This book is useful but not in the way that "The Crusades" are thrown around in the present political / media space.

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:19 PM | Registered Commentertomo

GC. Why not address the question I posed, rather than swerve around it by considering another quite different question that you would much rather answer?

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:03 PM | AK

What was the question that you posed? You seem to have ignored the double standards and hypocrisy of the US Democrats.

My support for Trump and BREXIT keeps increasing

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:38 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC. This is a thread supposedly dealing with Trump, not the alleged misdeeds of various Democrats. These could and should be catered for with a quite separate discussion thread (which will thrive on a diet of spite and bile).
I am somewhat surprised by your last comment "My support for Trump and BREXIT keeps increasing". Initial support for Trump might have been warranted because of his alleged opposition to CAGW, but this support should have dissipated when he withdrew support for the Red/Blue team proposition when he was informed that continued support for it might lose him electoral votes. Electoral gain trumps everything. As to Brexit, which Brexit? For me if we have to leave let's leave with dignity, unencumbered with various tethers attached by a vindictive EU. Which Tory version do you favour?

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Obama suggesting we might go to the end of a negotiation queue is rabid political interference, but Trump's blatant comments about the head of one of the UK's main political parties at a time when an election has been called is just "advice" sums up the bias herein.
I suspect that tomo is physically unable to write anything critical of Trump, as are others.

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:50 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

"The Trump Task Force"

- likely to be trending over the next few weeks I suspect

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:41 PM | Registered Commentertomo

"Clipe. BTW in this counttry when someone is accused but it is not proven in a court of law, one should always use the word "allegedly" when referring to the (alleged) wrongdoing. Just as I allege you are spinning wildly to avoid criticizing the immaculate Trump. Not a word about his alleged reneging on allies, nor about his alleged blatant interference upon another country's political affairs. Blatant bias in a nutshell."

What does a court of law have to do with "allegedly" in this context?

Trump hatred in a nutshell is the only thing blatant here.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:07 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

"Just as I allege you are spinning wildly to avoid criticizing the immaculate Trump"

Here's why Trump was elected in the first place.

Antonyms (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immaculate#synonyms}

coarse, dirty, filthy, immodest, impure, indecent, obscene, smutty, unchaste, unclean, vulgar

Describes the Clintons perfectly.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:30 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

See what we are up against?

This is land by the Colorado, Kansas border from a plane. Pretty cool. I have no idea how/ why it looks like this

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/1190737140688326656/photo/1

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:51 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Clipe (predictably) fails to recognize sarcasm in the use of "immaculate" to describe Trump, but uses opportunity (predictably) to trash Clintons.

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:31 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK