Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

You haven't read it for yourself then. [..]

Oct 8, 2019 at 9:56 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

I have read it, and frankly find it very ambiguous (which is not too surprising, given Trump's casual use of language which allows opponents to put any interpretation they like on his words). What was the Ukrainian President referring to when he first broached the topic of "that investigation"? I find your interpretation no more convincing than other ones.

What I do find convincing is that the whole story based on this phone call is indeed a "nothing burger" from start to finish.Just part of the same get-him-at-any-cost political shenanigans that seem to include a worrying number of state employees who are supposed to suppress their personal politics in service of their nation and it's elected leader. Now that really is treason by many standards of yesteryear.

I can't be bothered to address any other points you make because, as usual whenever I look into your claims, after just one it's clearly just a complete waste of time .

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:18 AM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

I can't be bothered to address any other points you make because, as usual whenever I look into your claims, after just one it's clearly just a complete waste of time .

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:18 AM | michael hart

Whatever the truth is, whether it involves Climate Science or Politics, Phil Clarke always reports unreliable sources.

Over exposure to Mann's emissions has a track record of damaging brain activity. Trump should have them classified as a toxin or pollutant.

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:52 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

… no evidence of any wrongdoing by Hunter Biden.
And whoever said he was the “villain” of the piece? (Sad name, by the way… was his dad trying to make him “manly” with it? Should have stuck with Sue – that is known to be far more effective.) Whatever wrongdoing there was involved him getting a highly paid position in a job about which he knew (still knows? Who knows!) nothing… just because he happens to be the VPOTUS’s son, perhaps? Now, why should he get this? What strings were his influential father pulling? And, why? Reasonable questions, one would have thought, especially as the sinecure is in a country with an accepted potential to be heavily influenced by a state that is even more hostile to the US; is there corruption involved, and to what level? All reasonable questions, any sensible person should be thinking.
Most Americans …
Source? Or are you quoting what someone else made up? Perhaps you just made it up, yourself; who knows what talents you have, eh?

Yep, watching the “meltdown” is fun, as the Democrats appear to be doing everything they can to ensure Trump wins the 2020 election. Yay! Go, Trump!

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:55 AM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/do-americans-support-impeaching-president-trump/

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:18 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

a highly paid position in a job about which he knew (still knows? Who knows!) nothing…

You just broke my irony meter.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:19 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

It must be truly wonderful to be always correct in one's American politics, secure in the knowledge that one's support for Trump is without blemish and all Democrats are both stupid and evil.
It must be associated with a similar delusional state: a belief that almost half the British population should give up their rights to speak about relationships with the EU because they too are stupid and disenfranchised, and thus should keep quiet.

Oct 9, 2019 at 12:52 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

So… the first option, then. Okay; now we know…. lol

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:32 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FiveThirtyEight#Recognition_and_awards

And thanks to Golf Charlie for linking to this

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/08/trump-impeachment-inquiry-poll-americans

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:54 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/09/poll-trump-impeach-041942

Oct 9, 2019 at 5:39 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Ooooh, lots more people making things up to fit their narrative! Thank you, Mr Clarke, you are a gift that just keeps on giving! The poll that really means anything takes place in a little over a year’s time. Let’s see the results, then.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:27 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Phil Clarke, you believe the lies of Mann, Gergis, Cook, Hockey Teamsters etc and Steele's Dodgy Dossier. Are you credible? You just attach yourself to liars.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:23 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Phil Clarke is right

It's fun watching the meltdown - only not in the way he thinks the meltdown is occurring....

There is a Democrat attempt at playing inversion/projection/some equivalence in there somewhere between the two sides of the story - but the primary evidence isn't out there yet. An impeachment inquiry that isn't an impeachment ? FFS ... even Pelosi knew actual impeachment was a non-runner months ago and refused to commit several times - she's now in a corner - so with the pressure from the loons on the left, the goons left in the nomination race and the possibility of further more damaging revelations - the Democrats *only* option is to attack.... and they can't do it with policies because all they have is a pile of disorganised kerrapp - so they're going after pushing the opponent off the field.

Given the shitshow of the Democrat contest Hilary might be provoked into "running" - that would be hugely entertaining.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:38 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Somebody should tell Schiff that people are comparing him unfavourably to Jussie Smollett

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:09 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Yawn.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

That's a side effect of the beta blockers - you might want to read the label.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:37 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Looks like Phil might have adjust the meds + up the dose if this is true:

Burisma Holdings Paid Joe Biden $900,000 For Lobbying Activities: Ukrainian MP Andriy Derkach

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:13 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Trey Gowdy joins Trump legal team ... seems to hint at a major legal punch-up on the starting blocks.

So Phil, having a fine time prancing around Trafalgar Square ?

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:45 AM | Registered Commentertomo

oh and apparently the Ukranians were formally looking to reopen the Burisma investigation in February of this year - which seems to put a stick through a few spokes out there.

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:13 AM | Registered Commentertomo

It seems to me — and this is just a plausible inference, I’m not asserting it’s the truth — it seems to me that the only people who would be “visibly shaken” by that would be someone who already has guilty knowledge of Crowdstrike, Burisma, or both.

Now, look at the really just astonishing irregularity of the “impeachment inquiry”: not just refusing to take it to the floor of the House, but the secrecy, the selective cherry-picking of releases, and the plan to prevent Republican members — not to mention the Nation — from learning anything about either WB1 or WB2.

I think the most plausible inference is that the whistleblowers are connected to Biden’s campaign, or to the DNC, and were shaken by the possibility of Biden and Crowdstrike being investigated because they know there is something there to be found.

It’s time for the Democrat majority on HPSCI to come clean: what did they know, when did they know it, and who are they really protecting with their unprecedented secrecy?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/who-does-the-whistleblower-know/

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:09 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

"I think the most plausible inference is that" = I don't have enough evidence for, so I'm guessing that" = rank speculation and smear.

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:42 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK

you might want to adjust your defence of the Democrats involved in this - take a look at the assorted antics of the recently departed Ambassador to Kiev and her immediate subordinate ....

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:15 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Sorry tomo but I'm just commenting upon the poor quality of the "evidence" being used here.
I also refer you to an earlier post of mine that commented upon the extreme amount of bias here: Democrats= sh*t, Republicans = whiter than white.

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:26 PM | AK
Does the current poor quality of evidence match the tripe served to Mueller, invented by Steele, funded by Democrats?

Oct 10, 2019 at 9:20 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC I'm sure you think so, I couldn't possibly comment, I have no unbiased source of information.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:39 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:39 PM | AK

There are no unbiased sources concerning Trump. But the same sources are very quick to give maximum publicity to the latest allegations against Trump, without ever apologising for the last set of failed professionally concocted smears and lies.

I have regularly sought sources of conflicting or opposing information/opinion/fact, hence I quote Guardian info etc and sometimes I am even supportive. When it comes to Trump, BREXIT and Climate Science, The Guardian is leading the BBC into the gutter

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:30 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie