Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Clipe: right from the start, the comments make that link worth a visit! 😊

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:45 AM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Looks like the trial of Roger Stone is going farcical, fast.

An Obamah White House communications director is purportedly one of the first jurors ....

Really odd .... if they'd have left Stone alone he would have likely kept his head down and noodled around in Florida.

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:53 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Sorry AK, but Clipe (sic) recognizes sarcasm and (predictably) threw it back in your face.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:19 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Radical, Even before the comments started.

I never fly & I think variation of color in the picture is beautiful. Sorry my wonderment isn’t sufficiently cultured or edgy.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:37 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Actually the ball started rolling after the first comment,

Cheri Jacobus
‏Verified account @CheriJacobus
Replying to @KyleKulinski

Dude. Delete your account.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:46 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Interesting which one of these is the actual original Trump Tweet ??

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.
Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.
or
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.
Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.
Then come back and show us how....
....it is done.
These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough.
I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1150381395078000643

ever get the impression that the media missed off a bit of the story ?

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:07 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

A purported number from yesterday's Tupelo, Mississippi DJT rally

20%+ Democrats .........

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Congressional Democrats (esp. California's Rep. Swallwell)

"We're going to lock up *anybody* who names a whistleblower"

Chair of Intelligence Committee Rep. Schiff then promptly publishes the name of their "Ukraine whistleblower"

As far as clown shows go - you have to hand it to them .... they're putting in a lot of effort.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:28 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I see Megyn Kelly has her domestic situation (fleet of young kids) under control and is tentatively returning to the fray with an independent mindset.

It's going to be interesting....

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:30 PM | Registered Commentertomo
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:26 AM | Unregistered Commenterfred

Watching US network TV - it's getting more manic every day .... the latest allegations about Trump are breathlessly and earnestly delivered - but one has to ask why? - most of it could have been used months ago and it looks unhinged, literally clutching at straws ... TDS Level 6

I can only assume that there are some indictments of Democrat big shots + associates at the top of the chute....

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:37 AM | Registered Commentertomo

So now we don't contribute factual evidence but offer unsupported speculation, several steps below "false news".

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:29 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK

yes it's my opinion .... I very much doubt if you've bothered to look at CBS, CNBC, CNN, ABC or skim WaPo, NYT etc.

I could do a Mark Hodgson style, blow by blow, link by link reporting of what's going on but frankly my intent is to simply try and get others to look for themselves at the source material.

One thing I've noticed is the increased propensity of much of the left TV media to make the content awkward to disseminate with video streams that are protected so that the only way to easily catch what's being said is to film the screen with a mobile phone - CBS is particularly keen on this.

I try to balance my consumption of content - although that isn't evident here. So much of what's spewed is simply astonishing trash. My describing it or even providing a few links would not fairly represent what is going on - since you've expressed a desire to see more detail - by inference - I'll make some effort to oblige.

One thing largely unreported in the UK at the moment is the US MSM hunt for the person who leaked the open mike on ABC of a presenter complaining that reporting of the Epstein business had been suppressed and the sacking of somebody seemingly falsely identified as the ABC leaker by a later employer in what looks like an attempt to intimidate staff into silence over the Epstein business....

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:38 PM | Registered Commentertomo

There's a subject in the USA that seems to have got a lot of people having a bit of fun with a subject that for most of the US MSM is definitely haram...

one example

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:32 PM | Registered Commentertomo

The inimitable Dr Gad Saad opines on DonaldTrumpJnr's recent car pushing effort in Arizona

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:02 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Bianco said that Robach knew she was on a hot mic, and that she was being broadcast to all the affiliates. She noted the event was likely important and did what she had always done. She clipped the footage but didn’t inform a manager that she’d done it.

“Everyone in the office was freaked out by what she was saying, and everyone was watching it,” said Bianco of Robach’s hot mic moment, adding that it was potentially a moment for “office gossip.”

Kelly asked if there was any intention to embarrass Robach or ABC, and Bianco became emotional, holding back tears as she explained that she wasn’t trying to cause trouble.

“No, never,” said Bianco. “The three years I’ve spent at ABC — I loved my time there. I’m a good employee. I worked seven days a week. I loved my job.”

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/11/08/megyn-kellys-interview-fired-abc-news-reporter-connected-leaked-hot-mic-moment/

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:10 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

So now we don't contribute factual evidence but offer unsupported speculation, several steps below "false news".

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:29 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

When was the last time you "contributed" factual evidence?

AK = "I believe fake news". "Far right"!! So I'm told.

Vote for Vox!!

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:06 AM | Unregistered CommenterCharly

Charly. A few moments ago on another discussion. Et tu?

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:32 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Quiz thread on Alexandria Chalupa at Twitter - be no surprise if it falls into a memory hole.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Trump Jr’s book tour is also a reminder of the right’s limitless hypocrisy. One of the big themes of Triggered is, to quote Trump Jr: “A victimhood complex has taken root in the American left”. But let’s recap the situation shall we? Trump Jr (who describes himself as “hyper-rational” and “stoic”) has just published a book complaining that he is being silenced by the left. He is touring the US talking about how he is being silenced. He has been invited on primetime TV to talk about being silenced. And he is complaining about being silenced to his 4 million followers on Twitter. Maybe I am missing something, but that doesn’t exactly sound like being silenced to me

Nov 12, 2019 at 5:36 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Phil

did you bother to watch him on "The View" ?

triggered several times over :-)

If the left ignored it -well, it'd probably sink without a ripple .....

Is that a copy 'n paste from the crew at King's Place N1 9AG ?

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:13 PM | Registered Commentertomo

A state judge ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages to nonprofit groups on Thursday after the president admitted misusing money raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his presidential bid, pay off business debts and purchase a portrait of himself for one of his hotels

The damage award brought an end to a protracted legal battle over the foundation, whose giving patterns and management became a flash point during Mr. Trump’s run for office in 2016. New York’s attorney general had filed suit last year accusing Mr. Trump and his family of using the foundation as an extension of his businesses and his presidential campaign.

The settlement, which was finalized last month and announced on Thursday in the judge’s order, included a detailed admission of misconduct that is rare for the president, who has long employed a scorched-earth approach toward fighting lawsuits.

Among Mr. Trump’s admissions in court papers: The charity gave his campaign complete control over disbursing the $2.8 million that the foundation had raised at a fund-raiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, only days before the state’s presidential nominating caucuses. The fund-raiser, he acknowledged, was in fact a campaign event.

The president also admitted to using the foundation to settle the legal obligations of companies he owned, including Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida, and the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County, N.Y. And he acknowledged that the foundation purchased the $10,000 portrait of Mr. Trump, which was ultimately displayed at one of his Florida hotels.

Let me see if I have this straight, Trump set up a charitable trust and used it as a tax exempt slush fund for his political campaigns. Groups such as the Veterans, whom he claims to champion when it suits were duped out of funds raised for their benefit. Trump’s kids, appointed as trustees, without, you know, the inconvenience of holding board meetings now have to undergo mandatory training in how to run an actual charity.

Shall we call this what it is? Corruption.

And we are now apparently in a place where none of this is even surprising.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:42 PM | Phil Clarke

The sooner Trump removes funding from the corrupted 97% of Climate Scientists , the better. It will stop them trying to steal hundreds of billions of dollars.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:34 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Some Blue on Blue action

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:40 PM | Registered Commentertomo

BBC (Zurcher): The US House of Representatives is trying to establish whether Mr Trump abused the power of his office for personal gain.

BBC - Bidens - crickets and tumbleweed ....

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:30 AM | Registered Commentertomo