Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

tomo, it is time Trump sought a second opinion about putting Team Hillary in Court.

Nov 8, 2018 at 11:21 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

I suspect that DJT's practical options are limited.

One gets the feeling that the 'wikkid 'wushin business that Mueller has been "investigating" could blow up big time if exposed to the oxygen of public disclosure - without any DJT appointee overtly working against Mueller and - perhaps more to the point - the Democrat operatives working inside his team.

My bet would be that the team have been busy contriving / constructing real links to substantive intelligence issues as a way to dissuade the administration from disclosure.

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:21 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, you may be right, I don't know!

What is significant about the eviction of CNN from a Press Conference, and the sacking of Sessions, is that Trump has adopted a different public relations strategy.

IF his decision NOT to pursue St Hillary was an attempt to conclude pre Election bitterness, it has not worked. Why should he hold back now?

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:57 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Christine Blasey Ford is still hawking her victimhood

and denying book deals....

With that GoFundMe pot she could bugger off to the South Pacific for a few 5 star years.

Nov 9, 2018 at 12:44 AM | Registered Commentertomo

America's intelligence agencies and their top men are looking at some severe embarrassment that isn't related to cooking up domestic political shit - it's to do with absolutely basic core competences at the highest levels.

A ripple

It could well give DJT the justification for a cleanout of the stables.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:19 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Trump has adopted a different public relations strategy.

Indeed. Seems to go something like this ....

- When asked challenging questions by the press, request the reporter have the microphone taken away and subsequently revoke his access ....
- When this um, unorthodox, approach is criticised, allege that the journalist behaved unacceptably towards the member of staff involved, specifically, they would 'never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job'
- To support this accusation, tweet a video of the event that had been doctored by a right wing conspiracy theorist.

Say what?

Oh Dear

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:10 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Gosh Phil this cannot be, can it? - FAKE NEWS, DOCTORED FILM? From the Trump Team? Unbelievable. Guess we await Trump supporters rifling the archives for the Obama Team doing something similar (as if this constitutes an excuse).

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:05 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

yeah .... and CNN does journalism? Even Larry King won't defend his long time employer. Acosta was well out of line before the mic incident. C-Span vs. Infowars All video is manipulated to some extent - I suspect you'll find that this claim is being (has been ?) reversed out of >>> The BBC story

What the twat Acosta and the ensuing ballyhoo is distracting from is the customary round of claims of voting fraud - Florida though does look very dodgy as usual - and the officials concerned have clearly broken the law there. Given the Broward County track record of antics the lady is overdue a comeuppance.

ps

Oh yeah... if you want "Obamah team" and "doctored" - try Obamah's forged birth certificate - if you think that wasn't a fake then you are stupid and credulous beyond all reason. I don't have to rifle the archives - I've got my own copies - I downloaded it three times on the day it was published on the White House web site.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM | Registered Commentertomo

If you don't want to criticize the manipulation of film by TeamTrump, try your old favourite the BBC. They show Trump lambasting CNN and its reporter apparently immediately after avoided the intern's attempt to take the phone away. And you were led to believe that Acosta was continuing to resist. But far from it Trump's tirade against Acosta and CNN occurred after Acosta had given up the microphone and was seated.

I have not seen film of Acosta's original question, nor of Trump's reply (or as CNN has it, lack of reply). But evidently Trump did not wish to reply to CNN making the case that the caravan can hardly be described as invading the USA when it is still hundreds of miles from the border. It is usual press practice to ask supplementary questions if the person being questioned is evasive. So what did Acosta do wrong?

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:48 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

ST - watch the whole thing - it's not like there aren't multiple copies out there.

There is a protocol and Acosta clearly broke it. If there's difficult consequences for him - that he doesn't like - for being an arse - just mebbe he should phrased his questions a bit differently.

I'm quite surprised that CNN reporters don't get assaulted more often - but then again they do have a track record of "Drop The Dead Donkey" style faked up stories.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:56 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Well tomo, save me the bother of looking, in your considered opinion did POTUS answer the legitimate question posed to him by Acosta? Was Acosta, in your opinion, entitled to ask that question and obtain an answer? Did he?

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:31 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Oh please. The only 'protocol' Acosta broke was 'Don't Ask Lame Duck Donald questions that expose his lies. Hence the false accusations that Acosta accosted, backed up with the tricked up video.

Even Chuck Ross of The Daily Caller, a website that harshly criticizes CNN, stood up for Acosta.
"Plenty to criticize Acosta about," Ross wrote, "but he did not 'place his hands' on the intern. It's ridiculous for anyone to suggest he did."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/08/media/trump-acosta-press-pass-reaction/index.html

Another day, another lie.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Another day, another lie.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM | Phil Clarke

Is Mann preparing to plead the 5th Amendment?

Nov 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Crikey you two are triggered

DJT isn't particularly good at thinking on his feet - I think we can all agree on that and I'm not saying I liked what I saw. It was NOT a one-on-one interview - it was a effing press conference - do either of you TDS clowns know what one of those is ? - or how they work?

Perhaps think of it as a Q&A after a public lecture - you might disagree with the presenter and ask a question that the presenter does not want to - or cannot answer - you might re-phrase once but in general the lack of an answer or a determined deflection is usually allowed to pass (as an answer by inference) - you do NOT hang onto the mic - you let other people talk.

Acosta is so monumentally up himself - he thinks himself above his peers and even indulges in a minor tussle over handing back the microphone. Believe me - I know - I've done a bit of it. More's the pity that DJT won't set the IRS on him.

CNN - the "news" company that tells people they shouldn't look at leaked emails as it's illegal ? The absolutely batshit PR arm of the nuttier factions in the Democrat Party isn't far from the mark - was quite surprised that Brian Stelter actually came out and criticised "Antifa" for doxing and "demonstrating outside outside Tiucker Calson's house - but their chums at Vice Media played it a bit different ....

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:09 PM | Registered Commentertomo

ps I'd like to see CNN's Turkey crew try the same trick with Erdogan.... The Riyadh bureau even ...

For all the spluttering indignation - it's happened before and will happen again. Can CNN legitmately continue calling Acosta their Chief White House Correspondent if he can't correspond? Will his martyrdom propel him to global prominence as a leader of "The Resistance" - will Hollywood do a biopic?

pps phone touch screen keyboards are crap.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:34 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo once you start with the personal insults you've lost the argument. You have the field to spread your bias.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

TDS - tick

Ridiculous - tick

I suppose something can be true and also an insult - what's not to like?

Then again - read wot you wrote.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Can CNN legitmately continue calling Acosta their Chief White House Correspondent if he can't correspond? .
Nov 9, 2018 at 1:34 PM | tomo

Yes!
But will anyone spot the difference?

Will CNN appoint a Deputy White House Correspondent capable of "not being thrown out of the White House"
Probably

Will the new Deputy be chosen to charm or provoke Trump, or be a good correspondent?
That will depend on CNN's Accountants, not their Journalists

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:14 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Phil, I'm glad you're still here, even if only to support AK! Debate is good, and you continue to help to stimulate that.

Thanks.

Nov 9, 2018 at 3:50 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark. I don't think Phil is supporting me over Trump, rather the reverse. Anyway I cannot abide eijits who throw around insults like calling opponents "TDS clowns" and then deny their behaviour. Partizanship can be taken too far, when it becomes insulting bigotry and the writer exposes themselves for who they actually are.
Mark, thank you for the implications I read into your post directed at Phil.

Nov 9, 2018 at 4:21 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

I'm not denying any behaviour - I stand by the TDS clown insult - it was intended and I believe appropriate.

If you are going to regurgitate partially digested received opinion then expect more.

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:01 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Kettle = black

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Perhaps think of it as a Q&A after a public lecture - you might disagree with the presenter and ask a question that the presenter does not want to answer

And then the presenter bans the questioner from future lectures and puts out a manipulated video to justify the ban ….

Yeah, happens all the time …..

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:53 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Yeah, happens all the time …..

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:53 PM Phil Clarke

Lying Climate Scientists pride themselves on such procedures, even fabricating evidence.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:19 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Serious claims, GC.

I invite you to name names. One or two lying climate scientists, and examples of fabricated evidence.

Go on. Surprise me.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:52 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke