Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

michael hart

a bunch of judges indeed.

I only wanted to suggest that Kavanagh might eventually after due process and shedloads of money (say 3-4 years worth) had been wasted in lower courts get to participate in a vote that decided if the EPA had "sovereign immunity" in the Federal system. From where I'm sat that looks like the sort of decision that would go to the top.... / get passed upstairs by lower courts. It also says much about the attitude of the bureaucrats at the EPA..

I think you are correct in the scorched earth approach - either that or devolve the agency down to state level and make the states pay the routine maintenance - just like the UK's EA should be euthanised.

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:56 AM | Registered Commentertomo

I didn't realise HRC and GS went that far back....

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:19 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:19 AM | tomo

Michael Bloomberg has now joined the Democrats, and is rumoured to be considering running against Trump.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg

"Bloomberg served as the 108th Mayor of New York City, holding office for three consecutive terms, beginning with his first election in 2001. A Democrat before seeking elective office, Bloomberg switched his party registration in 2001 to run for mayor as a Republican."

Oct 11, 2018 at 12:46 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

that figures - credibility being a bit thin on the ground in the Demovratic Party at the moment. My money is on Taylor Swift.

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:26 PM | Registered Commentertomo

It's quite easy to characterise Mike Bloomberg as the enemy too....

Looks like he fancies himself as a bit of a George Soros

Oct 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, with the exception of fantasy Climate Science, there is not a huge difference between Trump and Bloomberg.

Bloomberg would want to distance himself from the Obama/Clinton Teams of corruption, and might favour an untainted running mate. He will wait for the Mid Term results before judging what the electorate thought of her political performance.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:04 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

Bloomberg imho is an entirely different sort of a megalomaniac to Trump - if the rumors about him have any truth to them - $100 million into The Democrats for the November polls isn't chickenfeed.... he's probably the only prominent, relatively clean candidate the Democrats have... although he's an AGW fanatic and a Public Health prodnose of epic proportions.

In the meantime it looks like Dan Bongino's Spygate book has triggered a big enough DDOS attack to knock out his web site - it's been down for 24 hours+++ In the meantime the podcast is getting up on to Soundcloud

edit - bongino.com site is back up

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:53 AM | Registered Commentertomo

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/10/12/state-department-revokes-security-clearances-for-hillary-clinton-cheryl-mills-and-four-additional-research-aides/

The U.S. State Department recently confirmed that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s security clearance has been withdrawn at her request.

It must have been up for renewal. Fat chance Hillary wants a real vetting.

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:55 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

clipe, it signals that Hillary's personal ambitions are over. It also signals that her ability to "influence" is over.

Most Democrats will be relieved, hoping that the Party can move on. Those Democrats closest to Hillary will be concerned that it signals that investigations are carrying on

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc Given the way HRC won't let go in other areas I suspuct that the clearance was not cpntinued for other reasons - we do not know what.priviliges were attached to a clearance - like say ability yo rove around inside the intelligence reports etc. - even HRC must know tht all acceses are logged.....

Oct 13, 2018 at 5:21 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, yes, but ....

If St Hillary now makes reference to subjects and information she is not considered trustworthy to possess, it confirms that someone has leaked it to her. Communication by word of mouth can be difficult to trace, and track back to a source, but anything electronic becomes very risky.

St Hillary and her associates have already proved their own incompetence/carelessness with transferring and storing classified information. Her allies in positions of power must now regard communications with St Hillary as being a high risk strategy, for themselves, their career, pensions and liberty. She has become "toxic". Clinging on to her apron strings for political career enhancement is not going to work anymore.

Many Democrats are actually going to be relieved. They can now blame her for Trump's election, without repercussions

If the change in her access to Classified Info and Intel has been instigated by her or her closest advisers, has something changed in her ability, stability or health?

Has her diary of public appearances and self promotion remained as full as it was?

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:28 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

note that the aides had their tickets punched.

One can bet that Sydney Blumenthal is in there somewhere. The Clinton machine's in-house spooks are being pushed away from state assets that they have been feeding on for some years - talk about stable door.

The Clintonista reach into state assets is slowly being undone - note that Mueller is quite quiet at the moment.

One wonders what the Grand Jury is up to. I wouldn't be surprised to find that a fair amount of investigation has been going on away from the limelight and the lefty MSM hasn't had its customary diet of anti Trump stuff.

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:53 PM | Registered Commentertomo

All four wheels have fallen off the Clinton band wagon. It is not rolling along. She may have fallen off it herself.

ALL her former accomplices must be very nervous. In US Politics, they are all regarded as toxic liabilities, by friends and foe.

The Democrat Party, without the Clintonistas, would rather "move on" and abandon that particular swamp, so the idea of Bloomberg and/or Swift will appeal to them, if the Mid Terms show that they appeal to the electorate. Alternatively, there are many from Team Bernie Sanders with unfinished business

Blumenthal? Yes! Nobody should forget John Podesta, it is what he wants most of all, and I expect Obama does too.

In two Gulf War desert dust-ups, Saddam Hussein had his offence and defence neutered by the destruction of his early warning radar and means of communication. It was a successful strategy .

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:32 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

one telling move that doesn't get anywhere near the play it should is the UK's gagging of Assange - and make no mistake that is what is going on.

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:37 AM | Registered Commentertomo

30 minutes later - I saw this re:Assange

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:02 AM | Registered Commentertomo

It looks like the Middle East (in the guise of Saudi Arabia) just took a big step towards meltdown.

KSA is one topic that might yet pull DJT down and looks likely to be a major test.

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:35 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:02 AM | tomo

Assange chose to enter the Ecuadorian Embassy. He has become an embarrassment to Ecuador, and something triggered fresh reports of a possible end to 6 years of inactivity in July 2018
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-ecuador-assange/stalemate-over-wikileaks-assanges-future-coming-to-a-head-source-idUKKBN1KD1UE

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:31 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

Assange is penned in ... he indicated some time ago - (iirc) that he'd actually go to Ecuador but the UK authorities have also indicated that they'd grab him en route.

Goodness knows what is actually going on and if Assange has any "insurance" in place - which is what one has to suspect...

One to keep an eye on.

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:47 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:35 AM | tomo

Many Moslem households have the ability to slaughter a sheep without mess, and for centuries, there have always been rumours about people who have vanished
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

IF a crime has been committed, it would be far better for World Peace to let KSA deal with the perpetrator on home soil asap, and arrange blood money compensation.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:20 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:47 PM | tomo

The Ecuadorians don't want him on their soil or in their Embassy. The original rape charges were dropped. Tme barred? Lack of Evidence? Too much hassle and grief?

I PRESUME that the UK is (legally?) obliged by the US to arrest on sight. I PRESUME that he would be held in Custody, awaiting Deportation formalities.

If he has a Bombproof Bombshell Blackmail Insurance Policy from 6 or more years ago, who or what is threatened that is still significant? Doing a plea bargain deal in Trump's America might be a safer option than a UK or EU one.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

It's understandable that after 6 years the sanctuary offered by Ecuador has worn thin.

The Guardian has an article from 2010 about the Swedish visit and allegations from both sides.

If he can get turf obsessed CIA / FBI / MI6 off his back remains to be seen - I'd wager US Democrats likely hold him entirely responsible for HRC losing...

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 PM | Registered Commentertomo

If he can get turf obsessed CIA / FBI / MI6 off his back remains to be seen - I'd wager US Democrats likely hold him entirely responsible for HRC losing...
Oct 15, 2018 at 7:55 PM tomo

There may be some high level spooks and secret squirrels that have bet their pensions on him NOT doing a deal or plea bargain, with US Law Enforcement, concerning events at least six years ago.

If Mueller concludes to Trump's satisfaction, Assange could be a star witness for US Prosecutors with a get-out-of-jail-free card, signed by the President, in his pocket.

Just like Saddam Hussein, and now Clintonistas, he is cut off from means of accessing fresh information.

Oct 15, 2018 at 10:34 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

he hasn't been totally marooned for 6 years - morelike 6 months.... although I'd bet that he's given the codebreakers a hard time - which is why they've stopped visitors who could deliver one time encryption keys and stopped his phone calls and internet access.

Although Ecuadorians have now imposed house rules

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:36 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, from The Guardian article it seems that Assange has not conducted himself very well and has not treated the Embassy and its staff with respect.

SHOULD the Embassy throw him out and into the arms of UK Police, Embassy critics can be shown The Guardian article as proof that he had been warned about "inappropriate" behaviour for months/years, and after posing further threats to Ecuador, Embassy Staff and Security, the ever increasing risks were no longer acceptable.

The Embassy are doing everything sensible, prior to evicting him. I think they are thinking of evicting him.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:37 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

I think Ecuador internal politics have played a part in the decision to apply pressure - they had a David v Goliath thing going there for a while - but they sided with the lefty greenies.....

I'm pretty sure that Assange could have a butler / batman / minder paid for by his supporters.

He is being slowly winkled out. and the Guardian is a part of that.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:13 AM | Registered Commentertomo