Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

The Guardian is also pretty reticent about the dismantling of HRC + Obamah + chums that is grinding along in the USA - Project Veritas comes to mind as a non mainstream journalism outfit whose work rarely graces their pages.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:48 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, Assange was a great coup for Alan Rusbridger and The Guardian at THAT time.

The Guardian has had regime change too.

WikiLeaks did not wish Rusbridger a happy retirement, and Guardian staff objected to his elevation to the Scott Trust

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:12 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

I followed The Guardian's antics wrt to Glenn Greenwald quite closely - it strikes me that he is quite cautious in his dealings with them.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:59 PM | Registered Commentertomo

[McCabe is the sitting duck, scapegoat, pigeon, fall-guy etc.]
3:47 PM - Oct 16, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/1052304936619466752

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:12 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Kavanagh's in post - the Blasey-Ford backstory continues to spill uncomfortable details .... for her rather than him.

Elsewhere steam is building to take on the people who hijacked the US government apparatus for their own political ends - way beyond what is permitted by law.

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:13 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Confirmation (if any were needed) that The DNC view Assange as a threat and also they are out for revenge - Dems trying to pressure the Ecuadorian government

elsewhere Facebook has been providing faked viewer stats to people paying per viewer to publish on FB - Cernovitch is ticked enough to go legal...

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:58 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, why would the Democrats be publicly pressuring Ecuador to evict Assange? That would encourage Trump to send a Lawyer around to the Embassy with a few boxes of Ferrero Rocher and a plea bargain in his pocket.

If Assange ended up in UK Home Office Custody, he would be entitled to a Lawyer, and the Home Office could delay his appearance in a US Courtroom, by charging him with UK offences, but not prevent him providing evidence to US Law Enforcement.

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:17 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Nothing is more humiliating than to be already doling out White House patronage jobs on Election Day at noon, and by evening suffering a shipwrecked candidacy and the certainty of eight more years of progressive rule incinerated. No wonder progressives were recently reduced to frenzied maenads gnashing their teeth and breaking their fingernails on the closed doors of the Supreme Court.

Victor Davis Hansen in sage mode HERE and some more on Tucker Carlson's show

I had to go look up "maenad"

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:25 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Back in May, Republican Congressional candidate Glen Gianforte physically attacked a Guardian reporter who asked him an unwelcome question. According to a first hand account from a Fox News reporter …

“Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him.

“Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’ … To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte

Gianforte subsequently pleaded guilty to assault and received a jail sentence, commuted to a fine, community service and an anger management course. He apologised to Mr Jacobs, admitting that My physical response to your legitimate question was unprofessional, unacceptable, and unlawful, and he voluntarily donated $50K to a press group.

Now, in previous times, one might have expected the president, who has the defence of the 1st amendment as part of his presidential oath, to abhor this criminal act. Not now.

Donald Trump has praised Greg Gianforte, the Congress member from Montana, for violently attacking a Guardian reporter, saying that someone who performs a body slam is “my guy”.

Trump described in glowing terms the physical assault that occurred on 24 May 2017 when Ben Jacobs, the Guardian’s political correspondent, was asking Gianforte a question about health care policy in the course of a special congressional election in Bozeman, Montana. The US president incited cheers and chants from a crowd of about 8,000 supporters on Thursday night when he said: “Greg is smart. And by the way, never wrestle him. You understand. Never.” […]

Giving his first detailed account of the Gianforte attack on Jacobs, Trump went on to tell the Missoula crowd that he had learned of the incident while he was in Rome in a gathering of world leaders. He expressed his immediate dismay.

“We endorsed Greg very early. But I heard that he body-slammed a reporter. This was the day of the election or just before, and I thought ‘Oh, this is terrible! He’s going to lose the election.’”

Trump continued: “And then I said, ‘Wait a minute, I know Montana pretty well, I think it might help him.’ And it did.”

The line prompted another massive cheer from the Montana crowd. The US president finished his account of the physical assault by saying of Gianforte: “He’s a great guy. Tough cookie.”

I hope that's clear; beating up reporters is now not only tolerated, it is applauded.

By the president.

From <https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/18/trump-greg-gianforte-assault-guardian-ben-jacobs>

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM |Phil Clarke

The Guardian believes in Mann's Hockey Stick, wasting money based on Mann's Hockey Stick, and attacking those that don't. Is The Guardian a reliable source?

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

You've repeatedly disparaged MBH98/99, but supplied precisely zero supporting evidence, despite multiple requests.

Are you a reliable source?

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Phil the the paid agitator is obviously having a slow day at the office and wanders over to a moribund web site to try stirring up the locals.

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM | Registered Commentertomo

President Trump hosted his third wide-ranging rally of the midterm season in Montana on Thursday night, where he urged voters to "never forget Benghazi" and praised Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte, who pleaded guilty to body slamming a reporter last year, as a "tough cookie."

">Fox News (with video).

Show of hands - who here agrees with Dishonest Don that assaulting members of the press is to be celebrated?

(Still waiting for that paycheck ;-)

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

President Trump hosted his third wide-ranging rally of the midterm season in Montana on Thursday night, where he urged voters to "never forget Benghazi" and praised Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte, who pleaded guilty to body slamming a reporter last year, as a "tough cookie."

Fox News (with video).

Show of hands - who here agrees with Dishonest Don that assaulting members of the press is to be celebrated?

Paid Agitator? How desperate are you!

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:13 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

(Still waiting for that paycheck ;-)

fair enough - so your don't work for an "environmental outfit" or are the Phil Clarke sometime Green Party candidate then? or just a convenient troll name?

There is quite a bit of political bad behavior going on stateside at present. I think it a misjudgement on Trump's part that he singles out that candidate as a "tough guy" - that said, the fairly relentless provocations from those calling themselves leftists will eventually elicit a reaction - the proof of that will be in the results of the mid-terms.

There are moments where physical violence is an entirely appropriate response to a situation - I simply don't know enough about the situation quoted to voice a direct opinion one way or another.

The calls for violence against Trump supporters from some quarters and the constant drizzle of incidents isn't I feel going to get voters to look to the Democrats for rational, responsible representatives - it isn't healthy stuff at all..... but it seems to be all the crew can up with after the scorched earth of the Obamah + Clinton years... - some of those still in the game make UK Labour look good - and that's scary.

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:27 PM | Registered Commentertomo

There are moments where physical violence is an entirely appropriate response to a situation - I simply don't know enough about the situation quoted to voice a direct opinion one way or another.

Oh really? Let me help. The victim was ambulanced to hospital for treatment for an injury to his elbow. His broken glasses are now in a museum of journalism. The criminal perpetrator himself pleaded guilty to assault and issued an apology letter stating that 'My physical response to your legitimate question was unprofessional, unacceptable, and unlawful' and adding:

Notwithstanding anyone’s statements to the contrary, you did not initiate any physical contact with me, and I had no right to assault you. I am sorry for what I did and the unwanted notoriety this has created for you. I take full responsibility. […] I understand the critical role that journalists and the media play in our society. Protections afforded to the press through the Constitution are fundamental to who we are as a nation and the way government is accountable to the people ... I had no right to respond the way I did to your legitimate question about healthcare policy. You were doing your job.

Pretty clear. Not much room for doubt. Unless you're the US President, of course. The inveterate liar thinks such criminality against a journalist is a cause for celebration and levity.

Thugs and bootboys take note.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:37 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Just to be clear, I am not a member of, affiliated to, or paid, by any group. Philip Clarke is my real name.

Amusingly, Anthony Watts made the same allegation against me of posting for money at WUWT. A short while later he banned me.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Ooh Phil's clambering sanctimoniously on his high horse ...

I didn't try to justify Gianforte's attack and I actually said that I thought Trump was wrong but - as usual - the trolling berk calling himself Phil Clarke willfully misconstrues things - Phil - just GFY.

Oct 19, 2018 at 8:38 PM | Registered Commentertomo

You've repeatedly disparaged MBH98/99, but supplied precisely zero supporting evidence, despite multiple requests.

Are you a reliable source?

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM | Phil Clarke

Has it warmed? Has Mann produced any evidence?

"The Hockey Stick Illusion" by Andrew Montford is very informative about deceits by Climate Scientists including Mann.

I am not a Climate Scientist, 97% of them are wrong.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:22 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:43 PM | Phil Clarke

You claimed Gergis proved Mann.

Was that a deliberate mistake or lie, by you, Gergis, and Mann?

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:29 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

"A short while later he banned me.
Oct 19, 2018 at 5:43 PM | Phil Clarke"

Too many William M Connolley factual fabrications?

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:35 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

tomo, meanwhile, back at the thread ...

In KSA, faces need to be saved, so heads may roll.

Assange is suing Ecuador for breaching his Human Rights. What happens if he wins? What happens if he loses?

Difficult decisions for Trump loom, so at least he is getting rid of funding for Climate Science as a nice easy one to start with.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:52 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

KSA - is an alien world - I suspect that few if any people who have not been there can get their head around how it works ... astoundingly the Guardian published a good reading list which most of their writers on the subject I would say have not read through (surprised not)

They cannot be saved since their values are inimcable to ours and they see us as in essence as sub human - their conceit and arrogance is of a scale that beggars belief and they think that they have us on a very short leash.

If Assange is suing Ecuador over 'ooman rites - he's a fool - he'll loose either way. Maybe he should just walk onto the street?

Trump must know about what a murderous crew the Saudis are and how in particular they've bought their way into the American special forces (and others) and used them in Yemen. It looks like Israel is tooling up for another Gaza episode - the Iranians have no doubt been getting as much military hardware in there as they can.... The ME powder keg might just be about to go bang again....

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:45 PM | Registered Commentertomo

One of the Guardian's finest Jonathan Freedland has typed up a piece on the KSA which highlights both his abject ignorance of what he's opining on and the usual Guardian talent for conflation beyond sense for ideological ends. I'd be quite shocked if he's read any of the books in the Guardian's own list....

Oh boy would I like to send him to Saudi

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:14 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, I have never been to KSA, but from conversations with Moslems and Non Moslems, including Saudis ..

No rule of law applies to Saudi Royals, unless they have offended more senior Saudi Royals.
Saudi Law applies to Saudis who are not Royal, but not if they have only offended non Saudis
Non Saudis have to pay and pray for fair treatment, no matter what the Law allegedly says.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:31 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie