Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

One speech....

312 'I's
33 'Me's
43 'My's
9 'I’d's
61 'I’m's
9 'Myself's

guess who?

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:39 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Trump is getting tough about imports from the EU. Hopefully he will pursue the import of one Britain, Steele.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1111798/donald-trump-us-eu-trade-war-cheese-wine-motorbikes

The US administration has drawn up an $11billion list of imports after the World Trade Organisation found EU backing of Airbus “repeatedly caused adverse effects” to American aeroplane manufacturer Boeing. The list includes hundreds of products including helicopters, cheese, wine, butter, motorcycles, knives, clocks, cosmetics, binoculars, olive oil and fish. The President has repeatedly fought Boeing’s corner, even when two 737 Max crashed in Indonesia and then Ethiopia, killing 157 people on board.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:53 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

One speech....

312 'I's
33 'Me's
43 'My's
9 'I’d's
61 'I’m's
9 'Myself's

guess who?

Justin Trudeau?

I'll get my coat.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:24 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Candace Owens was good - by'eck that Nadler fellow is a presumptuous git - I'd enjoy seeing that sneer wiped off his face. I see that he's an ancient DJT foe looking for a re-match - seems like that might be amusing.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:45 AM | Registered Commentertomo

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/apr/10/trump-news-today-latest-live-updates-mueller-report-barr-bernie-sanders-medicare-for-all

Summary
★Attorney General William Barr said he believes the government spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. “I think spying did occur,” he said before a Senate committee, adding he would look into whether the surveillance was justified.★

Donald Trump launched a new attack on the Mueller investigation, calling it crooked and treasonous. At the same time, he claimed not to care about Mueller’s report and said he hasn’t read it.
The acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Ron Vitiello, resigned, the latest in an apparent purge of top homeland security officials. Donald Trump last week withdrew Vitiello’s nomination to lead the agency on a permanent basis, saying he wanted someone “tougher.”

★Nancy Pelosi: "I don't trust Barr"
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday that Attorney General William Barr’s comments about “spying” on the Trump campaign undermine his role as the chief US law enforcement officer.

“He is not the attorney general of Donald Trump. He is the attorney general of the United States,” Pelosi said in an interview with the Associated Press. “I don’t trust Barr, I trust Mueller.”★

She said she was “she was “very concerned” about Barr’s handling of the Mueller report. ★Pelosi said Barr’s comments about spying undermine the Constitution and his role in the Justice Department. ★

Pelosi seems to have backed the US Democrats into a dead end, without an escape route, over Trump/Mueller/Russia. She was doing so well when she expressed concern about AO-C's New Green Deal.

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:12 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Obama and/or Clinton coming into the crosshairs. MSM has shot itself and not in the foot.
=====================================

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:17 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Kind of interesting what Subhas Chandra Bose did for those Indians in Singapore who went to work for the Japanese. Decimated ain't the word for it.

Yes, there has been a time warp. That's the antique 20th Century I'm talking about.

Messianic, heh. Does the 'Boss' know?
================

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:21 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Barr: "I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal. I think spying did occur"

And I think they're going to be able to prove that Obama authorized it.
===================================================

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:24 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Given all the "pleading the 5th" and actual stonewalling that happened wrt to activities of Democrat appointees in the previous US administration it really isn't difficult (easy even...) to assume that many were up to no good in abusing their governmantal positions to attack other political groups (not only Republicans). It rather looks like assumptions are about to be actually tested.

I wonder what Mr. Assange has to say and if he's going to be allowed to speak - the timing of the arrest looks not unconnected to events in the USA. I wonder what the quid pro quo that has been offered to the Equadorians is? The UK state moving to damage limitation wrt messrs Mifsud, Halpern, Steele and Hannigan?

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Amusing tweet from Donald Trump Jnr.

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM | Registered Commentertomo

"And I think they're going to be able to prove that Obama authorized it.
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:24 AM | kim"

I think a lot of people from lower down the pyramid, will point to the tiers above, but may find that they have little evidence to prove where their orders came from. A couple of good arrests should lead to some pig-squealing plea bargains

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:33 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

"I wonder what Mr. Assange has to say and if he's going to be allowed to speak - the timing of the arrest looks not unconnected to events in the USA. I wonder what the quid pro quo that has been offered to the Equadorians is? The UK state moving to damage limitation wrt messrs Mifsud, Halpern, Steele and Hannigan?
Apr 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM | tomo"

I had previously suggested that the US under Trump might offer a fair trial (and probable sentence) for Assange. If recent developments in the US indicate that those previously implicated in US Government "dodgyness" are no longer able to pull strings from behind a curtain, and may themselves be praying for a fairer trial and sentence than they were guaranteeing for Assange, it seems that a fair and reasonable outcome for all concerned, may be within sight.

If Assange has been holding on to an Insurance Policy, in case he appeared in a US Court under the influence of the previous administration, he may now be able to enter into a Plea Bargain that would be very satisfactory to the current Administration, and US Taxpayers.

Ecuadorian and UK Diplomats will be very relieved to have got rid of a problem. Some UK Secret Squirrels and their hand-fed tame journalists may be a bit worried about information that Assange discloses before and during his Trial.

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:19 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

It seems unlikely that Assange's arrest is a coincidence.

I wouldn't expect DJT to pardon him unless he has something truly extraordinary up his threadbare sleeve.

I do think we're going to get nearer the truth about what's going on from the USA than from "our own people".

The MSM seems in a quandary about which side to take......... solidification and amplification under way - but they are all over the shop. They all await a Tweet from DJT ..... he might not respond :-)

@clipe - yeah - Justin is a contender - but sorry to disappoint - it was Obamah.

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:31 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I feel confident that Maxine and Dianne are firm friends.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:32 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:31 PM | tomo

Agreed. Assange cannot expect a pardon from Trump, but he will get a fair trial, and a more lenient sentence if he has useful information to divulge.

I would imagine that secret spooks and squirrels are very nervous, but they are not the only ones:
https://order-order.com/2019/04/11/abbott-on-assange/#disqus_thread
https://order-order.com/2019/04/11/no-press-statement-assange-supporter-corbyn/#disqus_thread

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:20 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Barr: "I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal. I think spying did occur"

And I think they're going to be able to prove that Obama authorized it.
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:24 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3_Jb7DWsAMfSNZ.jpg

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:50 PM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

gc

I see Pilger and Greenwald are pecking The Guardian on the subject of Assange - if the Obamah crew are reeled in - the TDS toss-pots are going to have a meltdown - does the man have something up his sleeve? If he didn't get the DNC emails from Vladmir ..... It would be glorious if Hilary got her way - and then got all her private server stuff dumped :-)

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:03 AM | Registered Commentertomo

" .. does the man have something up his sleeve?"
Apr 13, 2019 at 12:03 AM | tomo

An Insurance Policy perhaps? Team Hillary likes them.

The Guardian's reaction to Assange's arrest may change. Rusbridger did not attract widespread support for his previous involvement with WikiLeaks, and lost out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Rusbridger#Publication_of_Wikileaks_and_Edward_Snowden_material

Publication of Wikileaks and Edward Snowden material

As editor-in-chief, in August 2013 Rusbridger took the decision to destroy hard drives containing information leaked to The Guardian by Edward Snowden, rather than comply with a government demand to hand over the data. An alternative action was agreed and in the presence of the authorities the drives were destroyed, Rusbridger described performing the task as "slightly pointless". "Given that there were other copies, I saw no reason not to destroy this material ourselves."[16]

On 3 December 2013 Rusbridger gave evidence before a Home Affairs Select Committee hearing on counterterrorism at the UK Parliament with regard to the publication of information leaked by Snowden.[17]

In the film The Fifth Estate (2013), about The Guardian's former association with the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Rusbridger was portrayed by Peter Capaldi.[

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:42 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

clipe

thanks for that

It may well be that Assange was a conduit for Kremlin stuff - he is though undoubtedly / most certainly a practised opportunist and I'd expect that he doesn't care about the provenance of information as long as the veracity works and he has something to parade around with.

Everything related is speculation at the moment - although a few observations persist.

The 'Merkins have persistently leaked that HRC's email was penetrated and wholly compromised by foreign players and if that were the case I would've expected that if Moscow was the perp and using Wikileaks for distribution that we'd have seen other evidence - my money would go on Beijing as they've run highly successful penetrations of US systems for some years.....

Assange is something of a (handy for some) sideshow - the revelation that the routine political weaponisation of US state security apparatus definitely extends back to 2015 and more is I feel the main area that is going to develop over the next few months - unless the decision is taken to lift the edge of the carpet...

It'll be interesting to spectate how much of Obamah's antics unravel - for myself - I still marvel at the ineptness of the Hawaii birth certificate issued by The White House in 2011 and the opacity of BHO's pre-political career.

British security players look to have been keen to enthusiastically do the bidding of Brennan and chums and minimising that exposure will be a big factor going forwards.

The obvious diversion of sending Assange to Sweden being played hard at the moment hints that some people don't want the indictment in the USA to be closely looked at - I looked and actually - the case is pretty thin especially as it deals almost exclusively with "conspiracy" rather than actual deeds.

State players hate actual freelancers.... I believe Monica Showalter is correct in highlighting Mr. Assange's health - living in a broom closet for 7 years isn't going to have done him much good.

Apr 13, 2019 at 7:46 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Of course DJT knows nothing about Wikileaks

just mebbe - there's a game being played and Julian is a pawn.

Tucker Carlson showing why he has a loyal following

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM | tomo
Apr 13, 2019 at 7:46 AM | tomo

It does seem that many MPs would prefer to see Assange locked up in Sweden. I have no idea about the charges he faces in Sweden, but now that he is out of Ecuador's jurisdiction, he should be accessible to US Embassy Officials, should he request their presence.

I don't think he was a pawn before, but he is now. He was the least wanted man in Ecuador and the UK, and many don't want him in the USA, ever.

Apr 13, 2019 at 10:48 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

"Tucker Carlson showing why he has a loyal following
Apr 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM | tomo"

Sums it up nicely!

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:07 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

The whole alarmist world trembles at Trump's climate red team.

It's going to shock and awe, I suspect.
==========================

Apr 14, 2019 at 7:17 PM | kim

The whole alarmist world trembles at Trump's climate red team.

What colour is the sky on your world? Mind you the average age of the team members is shocking and pretty awesome.

Heh.

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:27 PM Phil Clarke

Read it and weep, Phil, climate alarmism is increasingly farcical.
==========================================

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:35 PM | kim

The desperation reeks; gotta stampede little kids now. Pretty sad, Phil, what will your grandchildren think.
=======================================

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:28 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen