Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein then worked together to create the obstruction case. I agree with Ristvan that people still don’t appreciate just how sinister this was. It was the obstruction case they hoped would build the impeachment outcome

Mar 31, 2019 at 3:20 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Rud:

ristvan says:
March 29, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Not only do I think Sundance is spot on here, I think it points directly to something much more sinister about the SC.

Crossfire Hurricane found nothing (Strzrok text ‘no there there’). Mueller SC would have verified that rather quickly in all the WH document production. So yes, for most of the time SC was about obstruction not collusion.

BUT as a matter of law firing Comey isn’t. Public tweets about obviously biased witchunts aren’t, either. Barr’s 4 page letter laid out the 3 obstruction criteria that Mueller’s report did not meet.

SO, IMO, something far more sinister was being attempted: to goad PDJT into something Mueller could then colorably construe as obstruction, opening House impeachment grounds a la Clinton. He also had to keep it going hoping Dems won the House in 2018. Then starting Nov 2018 SC redoubled efforts. Postpone Flynn sentencing is just one example. There were many tempting baits lured. PDJT himself in the Hannity interview Wednesday mentions 2018 FISA declass reversal pre election. There are several obvious others, for example Flynn pardon obviating cooperation agreement pre sentancing. For example, pardoning Roger Stone based on outragious arrest pre-trial (which looks just like the Weissmann M.O.). Early Example: refusal to comply with excessive WH document demands.
PDJT and his legal team never took any of the baits. It probably hurt him not to; last nights rally and Hannity: ‘many people badly hurt— must never happen again’. But PDJT plays the long game. That personal pain and ‘never again’ strongly say the Big Ugly is coming soon.

Mar 31, 2019 at 3:36 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

clipe

the interview with John Down if you haven't listened is sprinkled with descriptions of incidents that I'd say would wound anybody - Mueller + team overreached big time and the utter duplicity and abuse of process laid out is absolutely epic.

The perpetrators of the hoax seem arrogant and dim enough to calculate that DJT wouldn't come after them. Since nobody who's accumulated a fortune like the Trumps hasn't done it without years of legal stuff and skirmishes with bureaucrats the conspirators were indulging in hubris on a truly epic scale if they thought that DJT's compliance with the bent process was a "win".

The Dowd interview is also interesting in that much spoken about occurred over a year and a half ago and that Mueller was running on fumes between then and now.

It'd be fitting if the players in the fraud got the same treatment as Manafort.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM | Registered Commentertomo

John Dowd....

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:44 PM | Registered Commentertomo

"The perpetrators of the hoax seem arrogant and dim enough to calculate that DJT wouldn't come after them. 
Mar 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM | tomo"

Trump did not interfere with the investigation into him. Why should he trouble himself by interfering with multiple investigations into corrupt politicians, US Government employees and miscellaneous misfits? Honest DOJ personnel will want to prove that they should not be flushed with the swamp.

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:06 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

given that Mueller and Co. deliberately spun the investigation out for in excess of 18 months with no evidence in order to interfere with the incumbent administration and deflect from any examination of actual interference in the electoral process by the previous administration - it would seem that a considerable amount of dirty laundry will have to be dragged out to expose the criminal antics of the assorted players.

Will it happen?

Apr 1, 2019 at 11:40 AM | Registered Commentertomo

I'm still curious about what their original plans were.
The Russian collusion allegations were never even faintly believable. Ridiculous.
I also presume that they never thought they could keep it up for nearly four years.
Which leaves me with the most likely reasons, in no particular order:

1) They hoped to dig up some real dirt, probably of a financial nature, on Trump, given his lack of political skeletons. That they didn't, despite the ever widening scope of the investigation, should worry them a lot. I expected them to find something. Perhaps Trump is smarter than they thought (or possibly even more honest).

2) It was just a ploy to help the mid-terms, in which case it might have been a success. And presumably they have another plan for 2020.

3) There wasn't really anyone directing it with a clear plan and it was just a product of vengeful rage which took on a life of its own.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:13 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

clipe, I've just read that ristvan comment you posted. Interesting. I guess that fits in with the theory that they were generally fishing, or hoping for a legal mistake they could get him with. It probably keeps a lot of people employed in Washington DC.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:19 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

michael,

Take Conflict of Interest
Andrew McCabe never should have been in charge of the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton, given that just months earlier his wife had been the recipient of $675,000 in campaign cash donated by Clinton and Democratic Party-affiliated political action committees.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/03/31/the-tables-turn-in-russian-collusion-hunt/

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:28 PM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Something that should be near the top of the news agenda ... imho

blockquote>A two-year investigation by The Sunday Times revealed that a network of British Asians stole billions of pounds of public money through VAT and benefit fraud, topping up their gains with mortgage and credit card fraud.

One per cent on the group’s gains, a full £80m, was allegedly funnelled into al-Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan, with funds reaching the Pakistani compound stormed by US special forces in the 2011 operation to kill Bin Laden.

The scale of the scam is breathtaking: the group netted around £8bn in public funds alone – almost triple the annual government expenditure on MI5, MI6 and GCHQ.

There's more exasperating detail in the Telegraph's coverage - your taxes at work in the hands of our Rolls Royce public sector.

I don't know about anybody else but the Kim Jong Un method of sacking officials comes to mind here.

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:21 AM | Registered Commentertomo

oops...

should've gone into unthreaded.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:59 AM | Registered Commentertomo

phew-eeh

Joe Biden's actual problems are not really related to hair sniffing......

What a can of worms....

The Ukranian links to the Democrats are epic.

- and the Ukranians iirc are likely to elect a comedian as President?

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:31 PM | Registered Commentertomo

If one comedy president is good, then two must be even better. Simples!

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:03 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

DJT isn't as sore a golf looser as Malaysian Johor royalty-if the Guardian story is even true - seeing as it's in the newspaper that claims Manafort visited Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy and other toxic made up bullshit.

As far as Ukraine is concerned if the comedian actually survives he might just break the stanglehold of the sort of thugs that have been sparring brutishly over Ukraine for the last 20 years to the despair of a few work acquaintances from that neck of the woods.

That the Obamah administration (and the EUcrats) had been playing geopolitical games (sponsoring actual dressing up fascists) and lining their own pockets as they go leveraging their governmental positions of trust isn't yet on the public radar - I suspect that's going to change over the next few months - Joe Biden seems to have dug quite a hole for himself.

And talking about pocket lining the mystery of Libya's missing gold reserves is always there as a backup.

The way things are going in the UK - maybe Eddie Izzard and Marcus Brigstocke could form a new left-green party? it'd be no more ridiculous than the present crowd - I'm confident that the state broadcaster would support them.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Victor Davis Hanson at the weekend posted a piece about the turning of the tables

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:51 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Hey, what’s up . . . wait, where are you going?

Why the dark glasses? Did you dye your hair? What’s with all the deleted tweets and Facebook posts lately?

Oh, I get it. Now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller didn’t find any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Ruskies to throw the 2016 election, you want to move on. Act like it never happened. Or at least pretend that you weren’t part of the whole damn hoax from the start.

But . . . not so fast.

https://www.amgreatness.com/2019/04/04/dear-citizen-collusion-truther-you-own-this-too/

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:10 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:10 AM | clipe

"Victor Davis Hanson at the weekend posted a piece about the turning of the tables
Apr 3, 2019 at 8:51 PM | tomo"

I wonder if there is a near perfect correlation between those facing legal action for lying about Steele's Dodgy Dossier and those that have supported Mann's Crooked Stick?

If you want some truth and honesty .......

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/04/06/john-kerrys-climate-alarmism-mission-distortion-deception-and-most-of-all-dishonesty/

"The Los Angeles Times and other so called “news papers” carried stories about John Kerry’s efforts to launch an international initiative to “hold politicians accountable for undermining the fight against climate change” for not supporting the phony Paris climate agreement which has now become an embarrassing global debacle with most of the world’s nations ignoring any actions to reduce energy growth, decreases CO2 emissions, mandate use of renewables and decrease use of coal fuel."

"Kerry singled out President Trump for criticism because of the President’s brilliant decision to dump the phony Paris agreement in June 2017 and back away from the Obama-era of politically contrived “pollution-cutting regulations” which Kerry characterized as being “criminal, basically.”

"The failures of the Kerry and Obama-era climate alarmist propaganda Paris agreement schemes that have now clearly emerged resulted from the shear global energy and climate incompetence of these leaders who tried to impose initiatives that were unsupported by global energy and climate science reality but instead reflected nothing but propaganda hyped by UN elitists power grabbing political campaigns which recent events have now fully exposed. "

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:41 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Kerry huh?

Of course he thinks that whatever he says shouldn't be subjected to the same standards that he's proposing for others - I see Obamessiah looks to be preparing "it's all lies" defense.... and more.

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:44 PM | Registered Commentertomo

@tomo

only he's not The Messiah is he? - it's looking like he's a very naughty boy.

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM | Unregistered Commenterfred

When the US Intelligence Services/DOJ/FBI/CIA etc have finished investigating each other, anyone not in jail might amuse themselves and their exonerated President by revisiting this trail, to and from The White House:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/06/24/john-holdren-abuse-of-office-power-and-science-for-a-political-agenda/
John Holdren: Abuse of Office, Power, and Science for a Political Agenda
June 24, 2014 by Dr. Tim Ball

"Recently, in reply to a charge that John Holdren made false claims about climate change by Sam Kazman of the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI), the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) ruled he was expressing his “personal opinion” not “a comprehensive review of the scientific literature”. The charge is correct and the ruling false. It may be his personal opinion, but it was given from the White House in his position as adviser to the President"

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:48 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Heh, 'Ol Ricebutt, still the same his whole life.

It amuses me what the Persians really thought of him.
================================

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:04 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim

I call this whole social mania, this destructive CAGW meme, a madness of the crowd, more than a deliberate fraudulent conspiracy, but there were a whole lot of scoundrels who 'breathed together'. John Holdren is one of them, and thanks to the records being so clear, their names will live in infamy forever.

Well maybe not longer than 60,000 years from now, the next time we'll have to be worried about global warming. I suspect he'll be forgotten by then. Maybe even Michael Piltdown Mann will be forgotten, but I doubt it. There will be some information fossil which will still talk about him, like dinosaur DNA now. Oh, I guess it's wooly mammoths, not dinos.
============================

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:12 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Okay Joe...... tell us more

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:19 AM | Registered Commentertomo

If he hasn't done so already, it is time for Trump to release US Statistics for the amount of US Taxpayer's money wasted on "Climate Science" and the disastrous Economic Policies that have resulted.

The US poor and unemployed will be outraged by how much Champagne Democrats have stolen from them. The Cannabis and Cocaine snorting Democrats will have extra fears for their own safety, and may need protection within maximum security facilities, for their own long term wellbeing.

Hopefully there will be some decent honest Democrats left, to make sure their own swamp is thoroughly cleansed after all the toxic elements have been purged.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:52 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie