Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

It would seem that the Obamah administration's appetite for using the US intelligence community as a "research tool" extends further back than Trump. There are reports now surfacing that they used the spook riddled Fusion GPS to "research" Mitt Romney...

Given BHO's blanked back story it seems likely that John Pilger's take on Obamah might only be scratching the surface.

Some commentators are now saying that as much as 20% of the Democrat intake of candidates for the upcoming mid term elections in the USA are from the spook community....

And they whinny on about Putin....

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:36 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:36 AM | tomo

Is Fusion GPS going the same way as Bell Pottinger, or have they experienced a surge in demand?

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:06 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Supertroll, from the links supplied by clipe

"In April 2017, Team Trump suggested China would receive a favorable trade deal—and perhaps other unspecified considerations—if Beijing helped terminate North Korea’s nuclear weapons program. Calling for a “denuclearized peninsula” told China that South Korea would not acquire nuclear weapons, and both the U.S. and South Korea would guarantee that condition. Should North Korea collapse and South Korea absorb it, the reunified Korea would not possess nukes."

I don't think it is in the financial interests of capitalist China to allow South Korea to re absorb North Korea. China will absorb North Korea

"In regards to China, Tillerson said, “No one issue defines the relationship between the U.S. and China. We will be talking about a broad range of issues when I’m in Beijing. But the threat of North Korea is imminent. And it has reached a level that we are very concerned about the consequences of North Korea being allowed to continue on this progress it’s been making on the development of both weapons and delivery systems. And it’s reached a very alarming state to us.” "

Perhaps Tillerson rather than Trump was the one that worked out a business plan to deal with North Korea?

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:18 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

You are not a typical American. Not even close. The typical American doesn’t read lengthy articles in policy journals. The typical American gets up far too early in the morning, after too little sleep, works too hard for too long in a job that pays too little, before heading home, feeding the kids, cleaning the house, and collapsing into bed far too late. He or she has precious little time to consume news: a fleeting glimpse of pithy headlines, maybe a two-minute newscast on the radio if they drive to work or a few minutes of local TV news—mostly weather and sports scores. It is through this lens that typical Americans view the world beyond their personal experience and that of friends and family. It’s through this lens that they assess their government and judge their politicians.

These are the typical Americans who elected Donald Trump. They weren’t alone in voting for Trump, and they didn’t cast their ballots by mistake. They chose Trump because, out of the available alternatives, he best represented their view of the world.

I am not a typical American, either. In fact, I’m a Canadian. I was a key player on the team that helped elect Rob Ford as mayor of Toronto—North America’s fourth largest city. I helped him craft a campaign platform that resonated with typical Torontonians and, later, helped him translate that platform into an actionable governing agenda. I helped him get things done. Three years later, Ford fired me as his chief of staff when I insisted that he go to rehab to address the personal demons that were destroying both him and his mayoralty. My experience with Ford has given me an unusual perspective on the recent presidential election, the Trump phenomenon, and the rise of a new and powerful political force that favors unorthodox candidates.

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2017/08/rob-ford-donald-trump-new-direction-political-polarization

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:58 PM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

What a crew! Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe fired 4 days before being able to retire with pension rights (having previously been taunted by the Great Tweeter 86 days ago). Vindictiveness to match the Kremlin? President Trumpin?

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM | Supertroll

How do you know he wasn't made an offer he did refuse, so he was deliberately sacked before he could retire on a full pension?

Pour encourager les autres?

In the UK, under different Laws and Pensions, Police Officers tend to take early retirement rather than face disciplinary action that may lead to loss of pension etc.

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:42 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GolfCharlie. That's my point, he was fired with spite, to ensure he didn't retire with his pension rights. And the firing was deliberately delayed until almost the last minute, just to drive the point home. Almost as if Trumpin were still playing The Apprentice. What a person to be "Leader of the Free World"; what a travesty!

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:42 PM | Supertroll

Or he was made an offer of some form of plea bargain?

Trump is neither deluded nor paranoid. Many have conspired against him. What sort of corruption did Trump inherit?

If St Hillary had won, " What a person to be "Leader of the Free World"; what a travesty!" would have been more relevant.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Supertroll

if there ever was a pensionectomy that was required + richly deserved it's Mister McCabe.

If only the practice started putting an appearance in this side of the pond. I know of several crooked and incompetent public servants that are pleasuring themselves with pensions awarded after they had a spell of "gardening leave".

Terminated with prejudice is fine - especially for folk who use public employ for their own nefarious purposes and for self indulgence and worse. If Trump had let McCabe take the pension that would be the beginning of the end.
gc

Bell Pottinger can't hold a candle to Fusion GPS - completely different creatures as far as I'm concerned. It'd be like Labour using MI6 and GCHQ to dig dirt on a Conservative candidate - perhaps like Tim Martin. It's not that spooks don't do politics in the UK - its more that Fusion GPS thing in Washington simply seems to permeate the Democrat establishment power structures.

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:29 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Supertroll

Terminated without pension used to be a punishment for misbehaving senior officials and military types in the UK - it is long past time the practice returned with a vengance.

I recall in the 1990s the Quartermaster General and his immediate deputy suffered that fate after a large stores depot about to be stock checked spontaneously combusted.

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:49 PM | Registered Commentertomo
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:29 PM | Registered Commentertomo

"The weird"

Brennan is up to his neck and sinking. See NR article posted above.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:11 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Brennan is in it up to his neck and sinking.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:17 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

clipe, I think McCabe is facing jail. Plea bargaining started at least a week ago.

Is overcrowding a problem in US Prisons?

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:15 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

It would seem that DJT has read the OIG report or parts of it, and it’s damning for Obama and Hillary + cronies. What else might have caused DJT’s comments about Mueller to extend to Rosenstein - who used bad info to appoint him.

Tick tock... as some say ......

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:37 PM | Registered Commentertomo

golf Charlie on Mar 18, 2018 at 10:15 AM

I heard Gitmo is being prepared. :)

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM | Unregistered CommenterRobert Christopher

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM | Robert Christopher

Will charges of attempting to shaft the POTUS, qualify them for bright orange jumpsuits, with matching wrist and ankle bracelets?

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:37 PM | tomo
This is how The Guardian reported it:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/13/robert-mueller-russia-trump-investigation-rod-rosenstein

"Deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein defended special counsel Robert Mueller on Wednesday and said he had seen no cause to fire him or received encouragement to do so.

He also rejected Donald Trump’s characterization of the special counsel’s investigation as a witch-hunt.

Trump’s lawyers call for second special counsel to investigate Russia special counsel

Rosenstein appeared before the House judiciary committee a day after the justice department provided congressional committees with hundreds of text messages between an FBI agent assigned to Mueller’s team and an FBI lawyer who was on the same detail.

I think Guantanamo needs some damned lawyers.

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:31 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Nope, he can’t take immediate retirement because he won’t meet the minimum age of 50 (for law enforcement). But he can still take a deferred retirement. The news is incorrect that he is losing his pension.

This has been discussed, and a lawyer (ristvan) has weighed in on it.

He can only lose his pension if convicted of a crime like treason, or sedition.

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:07 PM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Which all gives the impression of a veteran, elderly federal official being cheated out of his pension accruals due to a vindictive Trump administration. But this didn't pass the sniff test. Pensions -- public as well as private -- are required to meet certain vesting requirements, and, in fact, the FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) benefits vest at 5 years, meaning that benefit accruals cannot be taken away.

In fact, McCabe is all of 49 years old, likely 50 by the time readers see this...

No, Andrew McCabe Isn't "Losing His Pension"

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:40 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Candour

ANTONYMS

guardedness, evasiveness, insincerity

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/thesaurus/candour

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:04 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Insincere

SYNONYMS

false, fake, hollow, artificial, feigned, pretended, put-on, exaggerated, overdone, lacking sincerity, not candid, not frank

disingenuous, dissembling, dissimulating, devious, hypocritical, cynical, deceitful, deceptive, duplicitous, dishonest, underhand, double-dealing, faithless, disloyal, treacherous, two-faced, Janus-faced, lying, untruthful, mendacious, evasive, shifty, slippery

OK! Enough about climate science.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:30 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe
Mar 19, 2018 at 3:24 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe