Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

and getting back to DJT

THIS

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:20 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM by Robert Christopher

InfoWars: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' As A Security Threat

I am disappointed.

He should have replaced it with the Climate Change Bandwagon.

This is more like it!!!

The mainstream media reported Sunday and Monday that President Donald Trump’s new National Security Strategy (NSS) would remove climate change from a list of threats to national security.
But the document, released Monday, does more than that. It identifies efforts to push a climate change agenda as a potential threat to national security.

The NSS states (emphasis added):

Climate policies will continue to shape the global energy system. U.S. leadership is indispensable to countering an anti-growth energy agenda that is detrimental to U.S. economic and energy security interests. Given future global energy demand, much of the developing world will require fossil fuels, as well as other forms of energy, to power their economies and lift their people out of poverty. The United States will continue to advance an approach that balances energy security, economic development, and environmental protection. The United States will remain a global leader in reducing traditional pollution, as well as greenhouse gases, while expanding our economy. This achievement, which can serve as a model to other countries, flows from innovation, technology breakthroughs, and energy efficiency gains, not from onerous regulation.

Note that the NSS does not take a position on the scientific debate about whether climate change is happening, what its causes are, and what can be done about it. Rather, it simply notes that some of the efforts to stop climate change are harmful to the United States.

The implication is that shutting down key energy sources, such as coal and oil, reduces American economic growth while also leaving the U.S. vulnerable to disruptions in energy supply.
Breitbart: Trump’s National Security Strategy Suggests Climate Change Lobby Is a Threat

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:13 AM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

... some federal agencies have continued to carry on over that past year as if President Barack Obama were still in office and his agenda was front and center, including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Breitbart:
Federal Bureaucrats Continue to Advance Obama’s Agenda, Including Climate Change Promotion

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:40 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Robert Christopher 7:40

Let's see what the present POTUS does with clingon progressives and quangos - I hope that some essential pruning and re-focusing happens in the totally overgrown and self serving bureaucracy that O'Blimey and chums extended + cultivated over two terms.

In the UK it's clear that clingons feel quite safe doing what damage they can under the May regime.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:15 AM | Registered Commentertomo

If the FBI guys n gals that were conniving and rooting for HRC continue their present trajectory (by no means a given) any sympathy for federal employees being reorganised is going to totally evaporate in the general populace.

Apparently Assistant FBI Director McCabe's Congressional questioning about the provenance of the Trump golden shower dossier was quite odd - he can't remember much... apparently - and showers of dirt keep flying out of the hole Comey dug for himself.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM | Registered Commentertomo

phew!

The provenance + timeline of the Steele dossier

The existence of the dossier can't be denied. Where it came from and how it developed .... well that's a story that seems not to interest the meejah at the moment.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:34 PM | Registered Commentertomo

With the Weinstein momentum they are having another go at claiming Trump could be prosecuted for sexual crimes
They've made a list of women
but I just noticed that one accused him of groping her for 15mins on a plane 30 years ago
but last year a witness Anthony Gilberthorpe discounted her account saying it was 36 years ago for a start.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:04 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

DJT wishes the FBI's McCabe Happy Christmas via Twitter

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!

This shot across McCabe's bow was ignored - he deserves whatever DJT has arranged at the bottom of the chute

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:35 AM | Registered Commentertomo

using 240 characters :-)

How can FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, the man in charge, along with leakin’ James Comey, of the Phony Hillary Clinton investigation (including her 33,000 illegally deleted emails) be given $700,000 for wife’s campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:52 AM | Registered Commentertomo

If you are curious about what's going on then you might want to look at this from Trey Gowdy

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Christmas congratulations to the Trump Administrations latest appointee !

https://vvattsupwiththat.blogspot.com/2017/12/yuletide-diplomatic-surprise-trump.html

The Red Team's loss id climate diplomacy's gain.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterRussell

President Obama has spent the first year of his former presidency in the shadows, doing all things anti-Trump.
https://www.infowars.com/obama-is-stalking-trump

May all this 'unwind' in the New Year. :)

Dec 25, 2017 at 9:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterRobert Christopher

An alarming threat
Was ever climate change thus?
A blessing, nonesuch!
=================

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:30 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Stalking horse obey;
Stoking farce, that horse's arse,
Obama, away!
==========

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:33 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:49 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

"President Obama has spent the first year of his former presidency in the shadows, doing all things anti-Trump."

Not going to waste precious time reading Infowars. Just noting that after a full year of a Trump presidency according to Gallup, the most admired man in the US is ...... well, it's Barack Obama folks.

On the female side, Hilary Clinton and Michelle Obama take the first and second positions. Melania, well ....

Perhaps Dishonest Don should stop with the lying thing? Just a thought.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:57 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Kim

Obama "advice"
Spurned
(With extreme prejudice).

Trump tweets
Explained away
(With extreme blinkers)

Who'd uv thunk it?
Special relationship
On life support.

Dec 30, 2017 at 7:51 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

@PC

yeah well, your TDS (try saying the letters quickly) is showing - can of worms hardly covers it *all*.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:20 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Here is an example of just how cooperative the executive are :) :
NYSun: State Department Digs In Against U.S. Recognition Of Israel’s Capital City

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:29 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

For days now I have turned in vain to this thread anticipating some comment, defense, excuse from my Trump-loving friends here that I can use to rebut the cruel jibes being hurled at the "little boy", no sorry, great human being who "infests" , no sorry, inhabits the White House.

Jan 6, 2018 at 9:17 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll, he has remained a more upright citizen than either Clinton.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:35 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GolfCharlie I implore you to judge the hirsute one on his own demerits and not always by comparison to some fictitious Clinton avatar. Big Don won the electoral college vote and became the Big Prez (although he may still be a little boy). The Immaculate Hillary was defeated and no longer has power. The b^sta^rd Clinton probably has had his nether parts in a vice like grip for some time now and is more docile. Yet you persist in these useless comparisons. Those of us who have always had our Trump doubts are struggling for ringside seats. Purchase books to sit on for a better view.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

You might think becoming President was or approximated to 'Living the Dream'. Trump's reported lifestyle more resembles that of someone clinically depressed…

Trump, in fact, found the White House to be vexing and even a little scary. He retreated to his own bedroom — the first time since the Kennedy White House that a presidential couple had maintained separate rooms. In the first days, he ordered two television screens in addition to the one already there, and a lock on the door, precipitating a brief standoff with the Secret Service, who insisted they have access to the room. He ­reprimanded the housekeeping staff for picking up his shirt from the floor: “If my shirt is on the floor, it’s because I want it on the floor.” Then he imposed a set of new rules: Nobody touch anything, especially not his toothbrush. (He had a longtime fear of being poisoned, one reason why he liked to eat at McDonald’s — nobody knew he was coming and the food was safely premade.) Also, he would let housekeeping know when he wanted his sheets done, and he would strip his own bed.

If he was not having his 6:30 dinner with Steve Bannon, then, more to his liking, he was in bed by that time with a cheeseburger, watching his three screens and making phone calls — the phone was his true contact point with the world — to a small group of friends, who charted his rising and falling levels of agitation through the evening and then compared notes with one another.

As details of Trump’s personal life leaked out, he became obsessed with identifying the leaker. The source of all the gossip, however, may well have been Trump himself. In his calls throughout the day and at night from his bed, he often spoke to people who had no reason to keep his confidences. He was a river of grievances, which recipients of his calls promptly spread to the ever-attentive media.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:37 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Clarke still swallowing fake news, I see.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:50 PM | Unregistered Commentermike fowle

It's still entertaining that the election of a fat, stupid, racist ignoramus, with appalling PR skills, bad hair and even worse diet and bowel habits - who ran a chaotic campaign AND who wanted to lose….is causing this much discombobulation from the people who umm... still lost to him. Trump seems to have taken up residence inside the heads of his opposition - I expect to see a critique of the state of his bowels to surface in HuffPo or on CNN.

If the opposition to Trump and his administration's policies was honest, evidenced and rational - amusing even ( Spiiting Image = the gold standard) - I could live with that - but it's nowhere near at the moment :-)

Phil Clarke / Supertroll - not that I expect either of you to watch it (I'd be shocked if you did) - but one expat (USA) Brit Trump loather had soo much of the MSM antics attacking the administration that he made a video about it - Bloomberg + The Young Turks on "Trump's attack on the EPA"

Physicist / chemist thunderf00t doesn't even need to invoke 1 Banana Equivalent Dose

Stealing a quote from Samizdata:

"I don’t know whether Trump is a genius at this misdirection business or not. But when you have a team of self-declared geniuses being constantly beaten by a team of supposed buffoons, something is clearly wrong with the one of their visions of reality."

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:54 PM | Registered Commentertomo