Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

On RT right now a repeat of the earlier CrossTalk discussion about the rot in MSM and the way the public no longer trust them
view on Youtube

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:54 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

There's some suggestion that HRC's IT guy (who "took the 5th") was a dopey individual ... if he went on to Reddit to ask The IT Crowd how to hide a VIP's information (trivial - but - indicative of a quite low level of competence and a misunderstading of how it all works maybe?)

It's telling that HRC+ chums decided to wipe their PCs and accounts after receiving legal docs to be interviewed about the matter. I'm unsure of the American legal technicalities but lesser mortals appear to have been locked up for less.

In other US government IT "news" - one significant issue that actually looks enormous but simply isn't picking up any MSM attention is the Awan brothers investigation / story.

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:01 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Another thing about HRC's emails - her people *printed out* 55,000 surviving emails for investigators to avoid exposing metadata - hardly the action of an honest player.

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Comey knows better than to mess with Trey Gowdy :-)

Well worth a watch given the equivocation that Comey has been doling out via MSM on the HRC / Trump business - the precision and rapidity of his answers shows who's the boss :-)

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:24 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Tomo: that is some smack-down! Good to see the person squirming as the truth is forced out of him; good to see Gowdy talking over him as he tries to provide some justification!

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:33 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Sing a song of pence poor, hurl barbers away bombs.
=======================================

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:39 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

@RR

there are some that doubt Gowdy's motivation and portray him as compromised. I don't know... but he's the most effective inquisitor I've seen in a while - very thoroughly researched, works without obviously referencing notes, familiar with the relevant law and unequivocally does not suffer being dicked about - sometimes to quite glorious effect.

Comey was on the tips of his toes there :-) obviously aware that a single mis-step and his head would be on Gowdy's office wall via a visit to the taxidermist.

Dec 7, 2017 at 5:41 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I couldn't be arsed to dig it out before now - but someone else has:

US "interfering" in Russian parliamentary elections

There's also a video of Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obamah (twice) speechifying about transferring the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:26 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Its all making sense now why the EU came out so forcefuly about Trump actually carrying through with what everyone else has been promising to do for the last umpty diddly years, recognise Jerusalem as Israels capital.

Its because the EU was afraid of all the arabs rioting in European cities! They couldn't actually give a rats arse about the Arabs in the Middle East but the lot enclaved off in European cities! Damn right they give a damn about that lot because of their tendency to lop peoples heads off (and to generally get outrageously outragety over the drop of a yarmulke)!

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterMailman

At a minimum, it raised questions that need to be answered:
DickMorris: BUSTED: DOJ & FBI Had Long Relationship With Dossier Authors – Lunch Alert!

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:03 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Robert Christopher

what seems abundantly clear is that the assorted antics we see about dragging down Trump are the tip of an iceberg...

One thing is pretty certain - he didn't need to recruit sponsors or even particularly get the entire GOP onside - in one sense he's cut the leash that tied candidates to the party machine - I guess some federal apparatchiks are very annoyed that they can't use the traditional playbook to control a POTUS and all we're seeing a very small part of what's going on.

I suspect that he's letting Mueller doddle along and make the same mistakes he's apparently always made - until the thing unravels itself.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:43 AM | Registered Commentertomo

I might well be clutching at a non existent straw here and be wholly wrong - but - nobody seems keen to detail the exact technical situation regarding the assorted leaks from the DNC

Why- really... why?

- is Google - the operator and host of the DNC Gmail system getting precisely ZERO attention? after all they know pretty much everything about every Gmail user .... just saying like....

I was under impression Dem bigwig + Google exec Eric Schmidt arranged top tier Google services for his DNC chums - quite likely a dedicated team. I reckon this needs unequivocal clarification - the reticence on the exact situation is kind of odd.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:41 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo - the coastal MSM and most of academia, as well as many government agencies are stuffed with Left leaning, inclusive, diversity disciples that hate any patriotic thoughts, like thinking that their neighbours should be able to live safely, creating wealth for their family, town and country.

That is why Trump's call to MAGA worked for everyone else.

You can see the MSM blaming Trump for Moore's recent election defeat, yet he supported Strange (because the DC Republicans asked him to) and, when Strange lost to Moore for the Republican nomination, he backed Moore against the Democrat, who I read is well in with Soros.

Yet it is all Trump's fault: go figure! :)

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM | Unregistered CommenterRobert Christopher

Robert Christopher

Soros? pfff... the campaign funding will be a can of worms then.

I was fairly neutral about Soros until I read up on what his Open Society crew were actually up to inside the EU - in their own words they target people already elected and shower them with favors + money.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Here is another view of what happened in Alabama: not the article but the (currently) last post:

ConHome: Ben Roback: Defeat in Alabama spells trouble for Trump [IT DOES NOT!]

NorthPowerhouse
What happened is that the popular candidate - Mo Brooks, a House Freedom Causas congressman - was taken out in the Primary by McConnell (they spent 4 million dollars taking him down, threatened to primary him, etc). The GOP's candidate - Luther Strange - was not liked by Alabamans but managed to get through to the run-off with Roy Moore. In the end Alamabans punished McConnell and the GOP establishment for taking out Brooks and elected Roy Moore (who was ultra-conservative). That's the story of how Alabama has Doug Jones.

He did have:
Sorry Ben, but you got a lot of that wrong, and consequently missed half the point. Let me explain what happened.
The actual story is that it was the meddling of the DC GOP that got Moore the nomination and elected Jones. Roy Moore was not the runaway favourite, not at all. Moore was not the popular candidate nor even was he backed by Trump who was convinced to back Strange by McConnell.

McConnell and his PAC backed Luther Strange after Jeff Sessions was selected as Attorney General. But Alabamans distrusted Strange, and was never a popular man in Alabama. The popular choice in Alabama was Mo Brooks, a local congressman. The problem with Brooks for McConnell is that he's a member of the House Freedom Caucus and McConnell and his boys would stop at nothing to prevent the Tea Partiers getting another Senator. So McConnell and his superPAC destroyed Brooks in the first round of the Primary, spending over four million dollars in the process.

The GOP even threatened to fund a primary opponent for his House seat. McConnell and his PAC thought that they could easily defeat Moore (too conservative even by Alabama standard) in a runoff. Instead, Alabamans punished McConnell for meddling and nominated Moore to stick to fingers up to the GOP establishment. So it was McConnell that brought Jones because of meddling by the DC GOP.

It is noted in the article that:
Ben Roback is a Senior Account Executive at Cicero Group and a member of the US Embassy’s Young Leaders UK programme.

So the US Embassy’s Young Leaders UK programme doesn't look very Trump friendly at all! :) :) :)

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Robert Christopher

all of which isn't going to make DJT any more amenable to GOP establishment antics.....

Any way one reads it DJT was doing GOP establishment a favor - and all they do is suck him into a mess.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:11 PM | Registered Commentertomo

"do no evil" eh?

The folk challenging them know a thing or two about sharp practice.

The bragging by Facebook salesmen about political micro-targeting and personality profiling makes one wonder if Alphabet's seeming reticence over being part of a political machine and proclamations of unalloyed virtuousness stand up to close scrutiny.

Dec 14, 2017 at 3:27 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:11 PM by tomo

If DJT was doing the GOP establishment a favour, he must have had a better alternative, which he did not take, but I cannot see what it would have been.

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:30 AM | Unregistered CommenterRobert Christopher

Robert Christopher

it looks as if DJT didn't have a "do not much" option as it seems that although Moore wasn't his first choice - he was committed early to campaigning for *any* GOP candidate.

As it stands it seems clear that the liberals view the smear tactics as effective and we can expect more of the same coming down the chute. All rather murky but it is what it is.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Some investigation of the DNC email leaks h/t Steve McIntyre

see at GitHub

So it looks like I was wrong to point a finger at Google

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:01 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM by tomo

He was asked by the DC RINOs to support Strange, which he did. Strange was the 'best' candidate since Brooks had been eliminated by the DC RINOs.

He then supported Moore, the official Republican candidate, against the 'Democrat' candidate, which normal behaviour, so he went with the flow, because there was little alternative. It was a 'don't do much out of the ordinary' option.

He could hardly oppose the official Republican candidate that the local Republicans had (reluctantly) chose.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

More from Trey Gowdy on the DOJ + FBI

More of a speech than an interrogation but still... oof!

Would that we had a similar politician in Westminster

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:50 PM | Registered Commentertomo

hmmm....

doubt that this'll be fully scoped out

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:19 PM | Registered Commentertomo

InfoWars: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' As A Security Threat

I am disappointed.

He should have replaced it with the Climate Change Bandwagon. :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Oh Boy.....

It seems that an Awan brother was paid ($160,000 a year) to telework from Pakistan and got administration access to US government servers from there.

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert's reaction is truly priceless - he's obviously hardly believing what he's being told.

There's more to this.... I reckon ... a lot more...

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:23 PM | Registered Commentertomo