Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Mr Clarke: your point being? Perhaps you think that the rapes, sexual assaults, torching cars, throwing stones at emergency services, dropping of bricks on moving vehicles can all be ignored… until the murders rise to some arbitrary limit.

Oh, boy! You support the idea of the destruction of western civilisation as we try to knit the fog of climate change, yet happily ignore the obvious disintegration of a complete country.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:17 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

OK @ST couldn't be bothered to look up the context, the discussion on RT just mentioned it : they were talking about the Trump campaign and whether they were having meetings all the time with the Russians.
Jim Sessions line is that they weren't having such meetings with the Russians.

From the senate hearing transcript

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’
Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have (such) communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

(I put in the "such" as Sessions claims he didn't mean that he in his normal job never came across the Russians just that he and Trumps election team didn't have meetings about the elections with the Russians.)

National Review - says it is not a case of perjury, cos it was upto Franken to seek clarification and ask "So you never even said hello to the Russians ?"

"But the claim that his testimony was perjurious as a matter of law is wholly without merit."
"In context, Sessions obviously meant that he did not have communications with the Russians in the capacity of a surrogate for the Trump campaign and that he was unable to comment on the explosive allegations in the dossier."

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:23 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Radical Rodent, Anthony Watts expresses it thus:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/03/03/dr-patrick-moore-was-right-greenpeace-is-full-of-shit/

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:28 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

When I first checked sexual crimes in Sweden in BRA the official government stats website the first graph I saw was this

Can you see the dramatic "Fall" (sic) in percentage of women exposed to sexual offences
2007 - 2012 hovering at less than 1.5%
2012 - 1.4%
2013 - 2.4%
2014 - 1.7%
2015 - 3%
small time period and a lot of caveats ..but that is quite a rise

(Of course I wouldn't set it in concrete cos it would be influenced by Swedish police liberally interpreting the law
eg a few years back Swedish law m ade it a sex crime to offer a woman money for sex, and maybe they count non contact such as shouting out a name or wolf whistling as a sexual offence ..I dunno.)
But many women have been attacked by recent immigrants so I wouldn't belittle their cases by saying an attack on them is #NothingEverHappensInSweden .

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:36 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Breitbart :Ten Incidents in Ten Days That Proved Trump Right on Sweden’s Migration Problem

Why's BBC not reporting that people keep finding hand grenades in the street and then one explodes in Malmo.
#NothingHappensInSweden #LastNightInSweden

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:08 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

A question for Phil Clarke

What would you do if the situations that aren't happening in Sweden were happening?

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM | tomo

Inconvenient Truths are always ignored, and replaced with lies. Greenpeace have now admitted it.

Al Gore's Oscar should be repealed. As for Mann's phantom Nobel prize......

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:44 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

@gc

As BH regulars know - Greenpeace / FotE / WWF have never been bothered by the veracity of their claims which are routinely pitched as "truths"

All the above have been "caught out" repeatedly - but the churnalist MSM never seem to give the false claims a good ragging - and the damaging lies are rarely challenged robustly by the victims >>> a la Hulk Hogan :-)

To bring it back around to DJT - I do hope he's tasked some folk with getting to the bottom of the Colorado gold mine tailings spill - something that GP / FotE / WWF have been notably quiet about.

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, it is significant that Greenpeace admitting they are liars, has nothing to do with Trump being elected President.

It is significant that Greenpeace admitting they are liars in documents submitted to a Court, may now be used in evidence in other Courts, possibly in the UK.

Yes, I do look forward to a proper investigation into the Colorado Gold mine tailings spill. There seems to be a whiff of, not only incompetence, but targeted and "spiteful" persecution for months, possibly years before the incident.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:02 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

@gc

As I understand it - Colorado floodgates were actually physically opened by an EPA official himself - against the express wishes of the owners - and the last I heard was that the EPA were claiming "sovereign immunity" against any claim of damages for the consequences.....

The damages apparently run in to 'Merkan billions - which imho should be taken out of the EPA's pensions fund for starters.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Watching a Youtube clip ( President Trump Holds Black History Month Meeting at the White House 2/1/17), I was reminded that, prior to the election, one or two commentators (eg EM, Raff) had several times asserted that Donald Trump was a racist. That seems to have been one of the memes that the media/Clinton axis had successfully implanted, yet without any firm evidence that I was aware of.

For example:

Textbook racism, was that what Ryan called it? Trump is a racist, whether he married a foreigner or not. Embrace Trump and you embrace racism.
Jun 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterRaff

The most EM could come up with when asked why he considered Donald Trump to be a racist was that, forty years ago, one of his companies had been involved in a court case where it was alleged to have discriminated against black potential tenants.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:53 PM | Registered CommenterMartin A

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:53 PM | Martin A

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM | tomo

Scott Pruitt is the new boss at the EPA, chosen presumably, because he has had a few run-ins with the EPA, on behalf of Oklahoma residents.

Trump has stated he wants a healthy environment, so the idea that the EPA has been causing pollution to the Environment they are paid to be protecting, would constitute a "quick win". I do not know how US Criminal Justice works, and whether Pensions are up for forfeiture., but it would get more interesting if Political interference was established.

It could silence some of Trump's critics, and maybe some more if a few end up in custody.

Trump does not need to put a Clinton behind bars, they are finished politically, but he might enjoy seeing members of Team Clinton sweat a bit. The more mud is thrown from the Swamp, at Trump, the more likely he is to enjoy draining it.

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

If the new allegations from DJT that Obamah sanctioned wire taps on the Republican campaign and spread the resulting info gleaned widely around to his chums .... are true - that's going to generate some sparks. Makes CNN look a bit lame - or maybe they got some DJT inside dope courtesy of BHO?

Is it too late for BHO to pardon himself?

Seems to me that this is shaping up to be quite messy.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:02 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Does anyone know how to contact Entropic Man? His absence is puzzling. He announced it, but nevertheless I worry that he may have fallen ill. For good or ill he was an important component of BH and I, for one, miss him.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:45 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll

I totally agree. Unfortunately I know not how to contact EM. Internet searching is fairly hopeless, as the net is awash with entries relating to "Jude the Entropic Man." However, I wonder if this might be EM:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/entropicman/

If so, those more IT-literate than me might work out from that how to contact him?

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:40 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

"Does anyone know how to contact Entropic Man?"

Look on alarmist sites, he sometimes comments there. I've noticed two other regular commentators who've disappeared and wondered what happened, Mike Jackson, and Jiminy Cricket, and we don't see enough of rhoda these days either.

You could probable get an email to him via the Bish.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM | Unregistered Commentergeronimo

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:45 AM | Supertroll

http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2017/02/anthony-watts-publishes-another.html

He prefers his Whoppers with extra relish, and no science.

HotWhopper is Miriam O Brien, who co-writes pseudoscience with Ken Rice aka andthentheresphysics, and Lewandowsky of John Cook's 97% Consensus of idiots at Skeptical Science. After that, the trail gets murky, and their funding uncertain, but unfortunately The Guardian gives preference to their version of Climate Science, directed by original Hockey Teamsters.

Is that enough dots for you to join, to draw your own conclusions?

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:04 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Golf charlie. Thank you for this. Now I can stop worrying about EM, who it seems just got fed up with us. Our loss.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll, Mark Hodgson

I developed excema which my doctor said was stress related. Since debating at BH is one of the most stressful thing I do, it seemed a good idea to withdraw.

I still lurk occasionally.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:58 PM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

Love ya, Em, I think you are an honest though misguided man.
==========

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:01 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

EM. I do understand; stress levels can be excessive here. You are missed and I hope you might still contribute on less stressful topics. I particularly valued your "voice from Northern Ireland" and would have appreciated your take on the current political problems.
Has your non-participation here had any effect on your condition? I hope so.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:07 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

I believe Eczema is auto immune disease caused by your body over defending.
- Years ago i checked Psoriasis for someone ..and found that many on the net swore that drinking their own urine cured it. Also hot springs with fishes was supposed to be a cure.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:42 PM | Unregistered Commenterstewgreen

Eczema also occurs in my family, along with hay fever. I have almost escaped both. I worked out (by process of elimination) 30 years ago that some makes of shower gel triggered eczema for me, though I had never reacted to any type of soap or shampoo. I do use shower gel now, without problems, so either I have changed, or the recipe for shower gels has.

I still have no idea what it is that causes me to have sneezing fits, but it is not flora or fauna. It used to happen every time I walked into an office building, where I was based for 4 months about 25 years ago. It was funny at the time, but I do understand how "allergic reactions" can be debilitating.

I do get triggered regularly to this day, and still have no idea what causes it, but some chemical contained in a cleaning product seems likely.

My brother was one of those who encountered terrible problems with ezcema when wonderful biological washing powder was first introduced.

Entropic Man, if I posted something against the Consensus at HotWhopper, it would be censored/deleted. Is that why you find it less stressful?

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:18 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Trump did have a point:
Sweden’s ruling liberal party Integration Minister has been forced into an embarrassing U-turn after she falsely told BBC the number of reported rapes in the country was falling.
Breitbart: FAKE NEWS: Sweden’s Integration Minister Admits Lying to BBC About Rape Stats

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:21 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Breitbart: Mark Levin on Trump Wiretapping Claims: ‘The Evidence Is Overwhelming’

Today, the Andrew Marr show presented a completely different view :)

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher