Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Come on Phil, stop doing a Jeremy Corbyn and condemn the murders by the New IRA. Admit the victims didn't deserve to die. Corbyn thought he gained credibility by avoiding saying the words he didn't believe but instead he let everyone know what a terrorist favouring git he was.

Nobody is interested in your thoughts on Trump.

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:59 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

A new study has found that misinformation regarding election fraud has dropped 73 percent ever since that glorious day when Twitter permanently suspended Donald Trump's account.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:39 AM | Unregistered Commenter.

The total number of false or misleading Trumpian claims (they don't like the term 'lie' but let's not fool ourselves) recorded by the Washington Post topped 30,000 in 1,455 days. Apparently the daily rate increased after Nov 3.

Daniel Dale picks out his favourtie Trump lies here

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:13 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

So can we assume that you approve of the murder of journalists, police and soldiers, Phil, since you find yourself unable to condemn it? Or is it just those killed by people left of centre that you turn a blind eye to? Your comments are not made more valid by quotes or links if you can't demonstrate basic humanity.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:30 AM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

White House staff quickly learned about Trump’s disregard for documents as they witnessed him tearing them up and discarding them. “My director came up to me and said, ‘You have to tape these together,’” said Solomon Lartey, a former White House records analyst.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/17/historians-having-to-tape-together-records-that-trump-tore-up

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Political violence from left or right must always be condemned.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:35 PM | 

Phil Clarke

Yawn.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Tiny. Why can’t you accept that Phil is not going to respond to your increasingly objectionable taunts upon a topic that has little or no relevance to a Discussion about Trump? If you wish to implicate PEOTUS in supporting IRA (and then attack Phil if he defends Biden on this matter) then do it within a more relevant Discussion. Pretty Please.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

I wrote the same thing and you demanded examples. I gave examples and you rejected them all, specifically that of IRA murders. Specifically of a certain person killed recently. Jeremy Corbyn also gave vague coverall condemnation of violence but he refused to do so over specific causes where he had demonstrated affiliation. Few people now doubt that Corbyn is very selective in his defence of victims. The public cast judgement on his lack of honesty and vile outlook, especially in those areas where Labour should have welcomed him.

Since nobody is likely to follow your links, they amount to SPAM, pushing traffic elsewhere.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

AK, nope.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:30 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

And now it turns that social media is actually facist, planning and implementing censorship on behalf of the democrat party and bureaucratic state.
Goebbels is smiling in his circle of hell.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:40 PM | Unregistered Commenterhunterson7

The WaPo list 9f "Trump lies" is not surprisingly itself a lie.
Hint for the fanatics :
If you have to rely on censorship to sway the polls, you're the liar.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:43 PM | Unregistered Commenterhunterson7

Trump's incitement of the invasion of the Capitol on January 6, 2020 removes my objection to the fascist label. His open encouragement of civic violence to overturn an election crosses a red line.

Robert Paxton, opinion in Newsweek.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but at least he can spell fascist ;-)

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:37 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Ah the hypocrisy of the Left, like Phil. Condemning fascists while approving of terrorists. They’re both just labels for violent opinions. Only some political opinions are more justified than others eh Phil?

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:56 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Some body rubbed you up the wrong way Tiny? By not answering your loaded questions Phil irritates you, you try again with the same result and he ‘wins’. But it’s oh so boring, but perhaps a fitting end to this widely divergent and commonly irrelevant Discussion. How long do you wish it to continue past Wednesday?

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:39 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK, then stop reading this topic. You couldn't be arsed to work out why I'm irritated, so go back to your cocoa and slippers.

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Can’t be arsed to work out why you are taking your irritation out on the rest of us. Don’t like cocoa but my fluffy slippers, that’s a different story.

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

I hope TinyCO2 kept the receipt from his charm school - he's due a refund.

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:15 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

But AK, you wrote some time back that the debate should have moved onto Biden. So why are you still reading? I must have missed where you berated Phil for gloating. Oh, and I'm not remotely irritated that Phil won't condemn recent IRA murders (or any of the other issues and groups I listed), any more that I was irritated when Corbyn refused to condemn bad people he liked more than the British. It demonstrated where his real feelings lay and what an utter scumbag he is. I revel in the division it has made in the Labour Party. The Left are the real nasty parties, some are just better at hiding it.

You too might spare a thought for victims of BLM and the IRA and be just a little angry when the Democrats threaten the UK about Brexit if it interferes with the GFA. To me it sounds like blackmail and justification of a resumption of violence. But I don't suppose you will. Typical.

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:24 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Terrorist sympathiser. Like most Lefties, Phil you trample over the real victims to offer your support to the cause.

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:27 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

The people behind Q allegedly incited a coup how come they're not being hunted down?

- Why’s that?

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:44 PM | Unregistered Commenter.

Yeah, 'cos Bishop Hill was a completely gloat-free zone back in 2017.

It has been a long four years however the inevitable ending has now occurred. Permit me a modicum of Schadenfreude.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

It is just so lame, so tiresome. So Sixth Form Debating Society.

I demand you condemn (Insert atrocity)

Huh? I already said that violence, from left or right, is never acceptable.

But you don’t specifically condemn this particular violence. That makes you a Terrorist Sympathiser.

Well, no it really doesn't.

I'm going to follow you from thread to thread

There's a name for that behaviour.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:27 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

What odd logic you use tiny. Because I advocated moving certain (ie not all) discussions to a new thread where you lot can tear strips off Joe Biden, rather than clutter this thread devoted to Orangeman, does not mean I should stop reading here. However, when I enter the sacred portals of the President Trump Discussion I have a certain expectation that it will be discussing the exploits of that illustrious personage, and not a personal spat with someone you accuse of being an IRA sympathiser.
And here am I cluttering up this immaculate site, as you are doing.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:08 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK, so basically you come here to gloat too and object to me interrupting your enjoyment? I made a perfectly reasonable comment where Phil asked for examples. He, and I presume you, reject those many examples because violence is only real violence if it's committed by Right Wing supporters? Phil excused BLM violence because black people have grievances... even if the victims of BLM violence are themselves black. He dismissed IRA violence as 20 years old, despite me demonstrating that IRA violence has continued albeit under the fig leaf of 'New' IRA. It's a topic quite relevant to the US election because of the Democrats abhorrent support of the IRA in the past and recent threats to Britain over the GFA and Brexit. Enemies of the UK rub their hands at the idea that the UK will be out in the cold with the US and plan to take advantage if they can. Pelosi's words about the NI border could even be seen as a green light by some to re-unify by any means. The US government has got their back. Argentina too sees an opportunity to take back what was never theirs. I'd like to think that things will change once Biden settles in but it's not a given. Most Remoaners have prayed that Trump be ousted before he could give Britain a trade deal. Biden may disappoint them by doing the logical thing.

But hey, none of that matters if it interrupts your enjoyment of the Trump exit.

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:01 AM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2