Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Politicians, NGOs & Corps jumping on the Alarmism bandwagon

Surprisingly the gov could also be in a strong Senate position.
To have a majority in the Senate a coalition needs 39 seats

"The Coalition look certain to finish with 34 seats and probably 35,
which would mean the government needs only four more votes to pass legislation."
Labor will have 26 and Greens 8 probably 9
So Labor/Greens..alone won't be able to do anything

There'll be 6 others.Stirling Griff and Rex Patrick (Centre Alliance SA), Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts (One Nation Qld), Corey Bernardi (Australian Conservatives SA) and Jacqui Lambie (Tasmania).
None seem left wing to me ..and 2 are from Australian version of UKIP
So tax cut bills should get thru
I wonder if any of them of any Libs will be dumb enough to block the rolling back of green measures.

May 26, 2019 at 9:54 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

To me old time conservative talk radio host Alan Jones was the winner of the election
He's been prosecuted for Climate Denial before
As I mentioned above he before the election asserted Labor were crazy to think they would win.

Right After the election the audience on the Lefty ABC show #QandA listened to him
Youtube
He said that he's always called Labour's policy “a national economic suicide note”
I note h had used that phrase often in the past
3 Apr 2018
“Renewables is a national economic suicide note”

Jones Video April 2019
\\ I asked the deputy leader of the opposition the highly educated .@tanya_plibersek
what was percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere
It wasn't a trick question the answer will stun you. //
"I don't know" she replied

May 26, 2019 at 10:12 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Speccie article about Theresa may caving-in to XR
\\ They demanded that the government set a legally-binding target to eliminate all greenhouse gas emissions
– which Theresa May did, albeit only by 2050, not 2025 as they originally demanded.
And now we’re to have a Citizens’ Assembly.//

/why-are-our-mps-so-pathetically-in-thrall-to-extinction-rebellion
..... The comments

@PhilB said "We keep getting more and more evidence that the lunatics are in charge of the asylum

James Gatehouse • says
\\ let's call it a body comprised of "Citizens" just in case someone notices it won't be.
Let's too not have citizens; let's have representatives of arbitrarily defined ethnic and social demographics in there.
... You know, a bit like a BBC Question Time audience //
\\ Best of all, let's keep the voters out of it,
... because we know what happened last time that rabble was let loose on a piece of direct democracy.//

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:20 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Seen on the Breakfast show, this morning (21st June), an article about a new, “green” train that is powered by hydrogen, “which is emission-free, as all it emits is water!” Fools – don’t you know that laboratories have shown that water is a more effective “greenhouse gas” than carbon dioxide!?!

Also, no discussion about where this hydrogen comes from, or the energy expending in its production – both subjects which might prove very embarrassing if questioned.

Jun 21, 2019 at 4:44 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Jun 21, 2019 at 4:44 PM | Radical Rodent

But think of all the new excuses for trains being late, or cancelled

Jun 22, 2019 at 12:29 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie