Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

That Mueller even had Strzok on his team to begin with is an example of the arrogance and agenda of some at the FBI exploiting their independence from political oversight to indulge their political aims....

More at JW

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:25 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, it depends on when Mueller first knew of the extent of Strzok's interdepartmental intercourse. It could put Mueller in a compromising position with St Hillary, if either of them knew.

Clearly SOMEBODY knew, as their affair was exposed, so how long had SOMEBODY kept quiet or raised issues and been told to shut up?.

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:40 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

Mueller is playing the "professional" - a look at his back catalog shows that he's a conniving, dishonest creep - if he didn't know about Strzok he's incompetent - if he did he's partisan.

His job is to generate as much smoke as he can for as long as possible - but he's running out of damp rubbish to put on his bonfire.

The present administration seem to be taking the "give him some rope" approach.

In the meantime some surviving students from Florida and the Broward sheriff seem intent on digging holes for themselves - or angling for careers at CNN.

An observation about the Sheriff of Broward - he's a politician in uniform... and looking at some of what he's been up to - hiding school student crime (and bigging up crime reductions) , trying to out-bling Miami Vice, hiding the actions of his deputies (he knew they chickened out before the CNN town hall), sponsoring the arming and training Moslem self defence groups and more...

Politicians in uniforms does not generally end well....

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:18 PM | Registered Commentertomo

It seems The Clinton Foundation has escaped most of the oversight and scrutiny mandated for American charitable endeavors

I see that Alexander Downer the London Aussie High Commissioner is mired in the dossier business as well as the Clinton Foundation ....

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:34 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, your first point about Mueller I agree with.

Para 2. I think Mueller and others believed that Trump was guilty of at least some of the stuff that they had been tipped off about, and that the Trump Presidency would have been over before Christmas 2017. Yes, he is getting desperate now, and may be checking on Traffic Violations committed by anyone who has ever known Trump.

Para 3. Trump has shown phenomenal patience for someone I thought liked to shoot from the hip.

Trump is now at risk of getting too involved with The Florida Shootings, unless he considers that US media is not giving local failures enough coverage.

Those in Uniform should not get involved with Politicians or Politics. That includes Armed Forces, Church, Medics, etc. I know this is not always easy, but when it goes wrong, the trouble tends to rebound on the Uniform.

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:06 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

There's so many things I'd like bookmakers to offer odds on... I don't think Mueller and Co. had much on Trump beyond some gossipy peccadilloes - but I do think they saw somebody who might be an existential threat to their sinecures and and in many cases their politically fixed posts. DJT must have as a property developer - had literally hundreds of run-ins with bureaucrats and bureaucratic overreach - and gotten quite skilled at dealing with it.

America has a growing problem with the toxic left. Tim Pool has just interviewed "Jack Murphy" a Washington DC teacher who's been targeted by AntiFa (into a world of pain btw) - when America sneezes and all... I do believe Momentum et al are just warming up in the UK.

American sheriffs are elected (and some judges) - it is clear that some sheriffs take the politics more seriously than the law enforcement. If the 'Merkans are going to stick with this way of doing things - a way of recalling / enforcing accountability looks like it might be needed. Shaming them sure doesn't work ....

The notionally Democrat bureaucrats who perverted their tasking to attack political opponents deserve a comeuppance - I'm not holding my breath for that to happen - but it is still a possibility that's keeping my attention on the other side of the Atlantic.

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:35 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel - in his own words....

At 01:20 "we are not a law enforcement agency"
At 01:30 "I've decided we are not a policing agency"

link

While there is some merit imho that the police in a community not being an occupying force - it does rather look as if he's gone a bit too far .... I wonder if Broward has an LBGT cruiser.

In other news Delta Airlines political posturing looks like it might cost them more (from subsidy removal) than they might gain from removing NRA volume discounts....

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:27 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo

At 01:30 "I've decided we are not a policing agency"

The use of "I've decided....." would give local residents AND politicians the option to decide that he does not offer the Policing they want.

Feb 27, 2018 at 6:57 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Meanwhile

McCabe is retiring with full benefits.
Strzok still has a job
Page still has a job
No one from Clinton or Obama regimes have been indicted
Crowdstrike has never been subpoenaed
MIS Dept has never been subpoenaed
Christopher Steele hasn't been "invited" to the USA
Kim Dot Com says he knows who took emails- ignored

Feb 27, 2018 at 6:17 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Feb 27, 2018 at 6:17 PM | tomo

None of them was the target of Mueller's investigation.

Feb 27, 2018 at 6:41 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

i'm hoping that they are the subject of the IG investigation though - although the scope of that hasn't been fully elaborated and I doubt we'll know until it's a done deal...

I have a suspicion that the IG won't be going after Obamah and HRC directly - so if naughtiness is found that'll be down to a new crew to investigate.

Like I keep saying - what a shit show.

Feb 27, 2018 at 8:04 PM | Registered Commentertomo

AG Sessions says "investigate DoJ over FISA abuses"

Gowdey says there are other issues at State Department and other entities ....... "we might need another Special Counsel - but I hope not"

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:08 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, someone had to have approved/sanctioned the FISA "abuses" before they got to a Judge for signature. Presumably Gowdy and Trump know who that someone was.

Someone may have acted on the assumption that a President Clinton would provide immunity

"we might need another Special Counsel - but I hope not" may have been a public hint to someone, to open the plea bargaining.

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:01 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Why would Steele peach on his Clintonista clients for ten thousand if they paid him ten million ?

Where did you read that?

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:15 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Related

CTV News has learned that Indian security services wanted to see guest lists for Trudeau events. They were denied.

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2018/02/they-admire-his-6.htm

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:35 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe
Feb 28, 2018 at 2:58 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

clipe

your boy got off light I suspect - when David Milliband behaved like an arrogant pushy twat manhandling Manmohan Sing the Indians told his minders from HMG to get him off the premises and take the first available opportunity to fly out - all further engagements cancelled.

More amusing to what's left of my mind is Peter Mandelson flew into Dehli (unannounced) to remonstrate with the uppity locals( for their harsh treatment of the boy wonder) - and they refused to let him off the plane - by one account after some terse radioing some steps were brought out onto the apron with the top about 5m from the door where the occupants of the plane were told they could have fuel but would not be allowed entry to India or indeed off the aeroplane. Some versions in the Indian press at the time suggested undiplomatic language was deployed.

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:25 AM | Registered Commentertomo

A BBC Reporter reporter manages a back handed (with some spin) compliment
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43220700

Where did the Republican Trump-haters go?
Anthony Zurcher North America 28 February 2018

Much was made previously about splits within Republican ranks over Trump. Senator John McCain's "involvement" with giving Steele's Dodgy Dossier credibility requires some scrutiny.

McCain may well have believed he was acting in the best interest of the USA, but when did McCain know he had been conned? He could help restore credibility in those acting in the best interests of the USA, by exposing those that are not.

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:37 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

There's quite a lot of smoke and mirrors - but I have never though the BBC et al entirely stupid. The cover yer kesitering is always a sideline at the UK's state broadcaster - the ludicrousness of Schiff and much Dem posturing would have set off alarms for a few correspondents / editors - the level of anger over Sheriff Israel's antics has been massively blocked - but it has also informed media strategy.... CNN knew before that town hall about the deputies at the school - and then released it with fanfare as an investigative coup.

The FBI are keeping the Awan brothers business at arms-length and the liberal media won't touch it with a barge-pole. The extents of the penetration of Congressional communications and archives is absolutely being covered up - this can be seen by the near absolute absence of any technical detail from official sources.

McCain likes his bread buttered on both sides and his apparent acceptance of funding from Soros is very, very dodgy indeed. I think Steele played him for a fool - but a willing fool in that his antipathy towards DJT caused him to disengage any critical faculties he's got left.

California is looking very wobbly and the present Democrat crew are likely hoping for an earthquake to blame for the effects of their policies. Mike Schellenburger's run for governor looks interesting as he's as much of an outsider as Trump and very obviously not taking a policy lead from either party.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:11 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Advance news of Norway's Nobel Committee's decision to award Trump the 2018 Peace prize over at Cliscep. Read and weep. Norwegian insanity.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll

The politics of The Nobel Peace prize is something I'd rather avoid.... c'mon their naming of Albert Gore in 2007 .... you really can't top that. But - a look at the committee will indicate that they will make a valiant effort.

In terms of Scandinavian insanity Sweden's so far ahead in all categories it's breathtaking.

in other news.

DJT seems to be now putting a little pressure on the authorities about HRCs antics - not a lot but hopefully enough....

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:27 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Vachel Lindsay thinks, Page, Strozek and three others are co-operating with IG.

Rice pudding for dessert. Obama knew, and so do we
=================

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:55 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

"McCain likes his bread buttered on both sides and his apparent acceptance of funding from Soros is very, very dodgy indeed. I think Steele played him for a fool - but a willing fool in that his antipathy towards DJT caused him to disengage any critical faculties he's got left."

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:11 PM | tomo

Yes, but I think Steele was a pawn too, a greedy and gullible pawn. McCain believed the dodgy dossier. He was given it by the UK's former Moscow Ambassador, Sir Andrew Woods.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/11/inside-trump-dossier-handoff-mccains-go-between-speaks-out.html

Why was Sir Andrew Woods at a Canadian Security Conference, and who paid his travelling costs?
Why was McClain at a Canadian Security Conference, and who paid his travelling costs?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_International_Security_Forum
From the highlights of 2016:

"The President elect Donald Trump dominated most of the panel discussions. The panel "The Superpower's Enduring Priorities: Trade, Justice and the American Way" was an example for that. The panelists Rosa Brooks, Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs at Georgetown University Law Center, Admiral Harry B. Harris Jr., Commander of the United States Pacific Command, Josef Joffe, Publisher and Editor of Die Zeit and moderator Gideon Rose, Editor of Foreign Affairs, discussed the uncertainty occurring within the international community as to how the new U.S. President would govern and execute his presidency as well as the international implications.[35]"

"A key topic under discussion during the conference was a statement made by Trump in previous debates about him favoring a torture method called waterboarding. Gideon Rose, Editor of the magazine Foreign Affairs, commented on the discussed topic. "Let me say how appalling and heartbreaking it is that we have to have a discussion about the possibility ... about whether the United States policy really will be not to engage in war crimes," he said. In this regard US Senator John McCain in a chat with US Senator John Barrasso emphasized that US congress had already banned the torture method.[36] He went on to ad: "I don’t give a damn what the president of United States wants to do or anybody else wants to do, we will not waterboard. We will not torture people … It doesn’t work."[37]"

"Other panel discussions sought to address the war in Syria and growing global terrorism,[38] climate change as both an environmental and economic threat,[39] and the intersection of cyber security and national security and the shared responsibility between the government and private sector to develop policies that protect from existing and new cyber threats.[40]"

"Virginia Democratic Senator Tim Kaine, who served as 2016 Vice-Presidential Candidate, received the 2016 Halifax Builder Award"

Feb 28, 2018 at 5:11 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

Christopher Steele's position is safe in the UK domestic MSM - it'd be amusing if like some teenage hackers he got an invite to the USofA - given that Mrs May's crew D-noticed his involvement at one stage :-)

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:52 PM | Registered Commentertomo