Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Drs against Diesel : A subsidy mafia Front

The Yorkshire Post also carries the same story as the Times
..The words and order are almost the same
... with no byline

Both articles seem a simple edit of the same PR handout

(the story does not say it's syndicated content or anything like that)

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:12 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

stewgreen

I've followed up a selection of these unattributed / no byeline stories in local rags about public health (air pollution, viruses, alcohol, vaping) and the one common factor for a fair chunks of the verbiage is The Press Association.

That said - 3 or 4 years back I was annoyed enough about an anonymously authored stupid scare story / misrepresentation to buttonhole the editor of the local rag who held his hands up and said that the articles were essentially placed into the regional fleet from the NewsQuest mothership and he claimed to know little / nothing about the provenance.

I've noticed that the industrial trade press has spasms of AGW / Climate Change / Renewable-itis across titles in the fleets of other publishers as well - occasionally causing them to shut down on-line comments critical of the actions/statements.

Mind you - that's an improvement of of sorts over The Independent who put up toxic bollocks under made up names on a regular basis.

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:05 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Heh, it's 'fake news', detectable in part because it's not news, rather the raspy repetition of a broken record.
==========================

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:55 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

It looks like The Guardian is going for a grand unifying theory atmospheric pollution causes childhood obesity

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:29 PM | Registered Commentertomo

@Tomo that's made it today to The Mail on Sunday
looking like the Guardian Lite
- Michael Mosely column : *Warning* Air Pollution makes you fat
(I never noticed that in Delhi, and Beijing)
- Cruise giants sail into a SULPHUROUS storm.. cruise ships buying scrubbers "the vast majority divert waste into the sea"
... and 4 other eco stories.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:19 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen