Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > EU must be joking

This isn't a Brexitier claiming this: it is from a well placed NATO source. Does Cameron think NATO will be here, always, no matter what?
"A well-placed Nato source said Paris was concentrating its diplomatic efforts on creating the pan-European force, over which it believes it would wield more control than the existing north atlantic military alliance.

The Belgium-based Nato source told Express.co.uk French officials were directing their energy towards an EU army at the expense of its existing military obligations."
France planning to build and DOMINATE EU Army, Nato claims as nation neglects duties

Our ministers, Cameron, Osborne, May, Hammond and Fallon do not care:
"THE European Union Arrest Warrant (EAW) does not enhance the United Kingdom’s security but does risk miscarriages of justice and undermines centuries of legal protection."
EU superstate laws strip Britain of its Magna Carta rights, writes JACOB REES-MOGG

May 28, 2016 at 8:53 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Robert Christopher on May 27, 2016 at 11:31 PM
"I see that the 'Ever Closer Union Club' has failed in each of their 'Ever Closer Union Projects' ..."

I forgot:
Climate Change - Windmill Mania, Solar Farm Frenzy and Polar Bear Dispair

May 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

I am not keen on using the word 'proof' outside geometric proofs, but George Osborne does need to defend his view that we would be left high and dry without any trade deals if we Brexited:
Sunday Express: REVEALED: The PROOF Britain WON'T lose trade deals if it leaves the EU

More and more of Cameron's agenda is disintegrating before our very eyes, with the non-existent renegotiation; the offer of a referendum where one option is supposed to lead to WWIII and an inability to present a credible policy on Turkey.

No, it's not a video! David Davis's speech that sums it all up, is written down, and it has a few diagrams to illuminate his points:
David Davis gives a speech making the case for Brexit

May 29, 2016 at 3:04 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

If we vote to Remain, we will have the 'opportunity' to help with the French/Italian bailout:
Denied the option of devaluation, both countries have relied on debt-funded public spending to maintain economic activity and living standards. The people and their representatives refuse to face reality

"The response [to the statement] was characteristic of Italian and French denial of the precariousness of their position. There is no acknowledgement of poor economic performance, high and rising debt levels, unacceptable fiscal outlook, and the need for far-reaching structural reforms.

There is no willingness to address the problems of the euro and the incompatibility of monetary union and a single currency with national fiscal management and sovereign independence among eurozone members. Both the population and their representatives refuse to face reality."
The Independent: France and Italy could be the next European economies to crash

(PS: Polar Bear Dispair is like Polar Bear Despair, but worse.)

May 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Here is an opportunity to understand Steve Hilton's Brexit views. He also explains why the EU causes so much trouble: it isn't the laws we pass, it's the laws that we don't pass:
Steve Hilton on Brexit, @ 10:36

And in another twist to fraudulent practices found in postal voting, even the government has managed to enter:
Voters in the EU referendum 'told to vote for Remain in postal vote guide', prompting protests from Brexiteers
For those who cannot see the article, the second step of the visual instructions, on 'how to vote by post', shows the Remain box being filled in. I expect it was pure chance that it happened :)

May 29, 2016 at 11:55 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Sunday Express:
BRUSSELS POWER GRAB: Juncker urged to set up ’EU border guard’ to intervene in ANY country

A HEAVILY armed strike force of Euro border guards should be set up with a mandate to intervene in ANY country even without permission, a top Brussels body has urged today.
"Jean-Claude Juncker has been given the green light to press ahead with his controversial dream of an omnipotent paramilitary EU police force by the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC).

The influential Brussels think tank adopted an opinion today calling on the unelected EU Commission to found a European Border Guard that would have the “right to intervene” even without the permission of a country’s government."

Don't say we haven't been warned.

May 30, 2016 at 12:38 AM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

on 5 Live news :"If you vote Brexit..... Bambi will die"

..I think that is what they said

May 30, 2016 at 11:06 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Here's an old cherry that could be an interesting read on a holiday Monday:-

How 'magic' made Greek debt disappear before it joined the euro with a touch on a mechanism called Stability and Growth where France and Germany broke the rules they had insisted on for everyone else.

All Countries are equal but some are.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16834815

3 February 2012

May 30, 2016 at 2:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterMartyn

Martyn on May 30, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I remember it well!

It looks likes France is approaching a 'moment of decision':
Telegraph: Why France must accept reform or face disaster

May 30, 2016 at 3:08 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

BBC EU REF debate show with Vic Derbyshire picked a random student out of the audience who's blog shows she is a Labour Party activist points out Geoff on BBBC ..He then posted photos of her doing video Journalism training with the BBC 3 days ago.

May 30, 2016 at 3:29 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

In case you think there are no Euro-sceptics INSIDE Europe ..you can read Vaclav Klaus the Czech ex-president's blog post about what he said to school children ....... It also mentions renewables .
Google Translated

May 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Robert you must be joking.

"It looks likes France is approaching a 'moment of decision":

The only thing France will decide is how much they can borrow before they end up like Greece and have their debt eventually recalculated over a millennium.
In the meantime we help prop up the EU to the tune of 350 million quid a week, close the steel industry decimate the fishing industry and in return we get cheap roaming charges and visa free entry into 27 countries of Europe forgetting about the other 148 countries we can travel to without a visa anyway and to turn your data off while abroad.

I think I might vote to exit!

May 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterMartyn

Martyn on May 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM
"Robert you must be joking."

:)

I didn't say they would 'decide', or even that they would be aware that a wise decision would be in their interests ....

And don't just think it ... :)

May 30, 2016 at 4:44 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Ok Robert sorry my mistake I should gave said it looks like France is well passed the moment of decision.

The Maastricht Treaty criteria:-

Annual government deficit: No more than 3% of GDP.

Government debt: No more than 60% of GDP.

Meanwhile as you kindly pointed out, The Telegraph 29 May 2016 • 6:49pm France’s budget deficit is running at 3.5 per cent of GDP, and the ratio of public debt to GDP is 96 per cent, and still climbing.

Perhaps it would be easier for France to edit the Treaty of Rome or the Maastricht Treaty or the Lisbon Treaty or introduce a new Treaty they haven't had a new one for a year or two, or just continue to ignore them all which will ensure Euro 2016 will kickoff on time and Sepp Blatter might even get his job back.

You have convinced me, I will vote to exit, probably :-)

May 30, 2016 at 5:45 PM | Unregistered CommenterMartyn

To think some believe the stream of economic migrants from Turkey will subdue:

TURKISH President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has dished out religious orders after telling Muslims to reject birth control and have more children.

In a stunning speech broadcast live on television, Mr Erdogan also said women cannot be treated as equal to men.

The devout Muslim said women should have at least three children.

He said: "We will multiply our descendants. They talk about population planning, birth control. No Muslim family can have such an approach.

"Nobody can interfere in God's work. The first duty here belongs to mothers.”
'We will multiply our descendants' Turkey PM says NO Muslim should use birth control

May 31, 2016 at 1:38 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

I don't think this is meant as a spoof, a joke from Brussels :) , either:
Brussels bureaucrats are launching a flagship blitz on what they term ‘hate speech’ on social networks such as Facebook - but critics warn it includes anything deemed contrary to the federalist project’s aims.
However, what constitutes ‘hate speech’ is not defined, and is merely said to relate to “racism, xenophobia and all forms of intolerance”.

Daily Express:
DEATH OF FREE SPEECH: EU blasted for 'Orwellian' crackdown on online criticism

I suppose 'Windmill Mania' will be a trigger phrase, as will 'Medieval Warm Period ' and 'Cosmic Ray-Climate Theory'..

Is it possible that Brussels don't want us to 'Remain'?

May 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM | Registered CommenterRobert Christopher

Reading, Berkshire Monday 6th June "EU Referendum - special cafe sci event"
7:30 PM to 9:00 PM @Smokin Billy's Bar-B-Q
>> with a debate on the impact on UK science and technology of an ‘in’ or ‘out’ result of the vote taking place on 23rd June 2016. << more info

Lee Upcraft, Scientists for Britain Campaign

Mike Galsworthy, Scientists for EU Campaign

The debate will be chaired by BBC journalist Chris Browning
Each speaker will have 20 mins to present their point of view and then an open Q&A session will commence.

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:03 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

I note that Dr Lee Upcraft the Brexit scientist is no climate skeptic
"Arguments that the UK can “only tackle climate change as part of the EU” are deeply flawed and ignore a wide body of evidence."

"Climate change is real. As a practising physicist I can do no other than accept the overwhelming body of evidence that says our planet is warming at a rate unprecedented in recent history. "
His 3 page PDF report concludes that EU is NOT climate activist enough.

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:10 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Two thirds of people think Brexit would not leave them any poorer

" Two-thirds of Britons believe that they would not be worse off in the event of a Brexit vote, in a blow to the assembled forces of “Project Fear”.

The findings came despite warnings issued by the Treasury, the Bank of England, the International Monetary Fund, and the OECD, all of which have cautioned on the economic repercussions of a Brexit vote to some degree, and suggest that most voters have been left unconvinced.

Some 58pc of the public believe that their living standards would stay the same in the five years after a UK withdrawal from the EU, according to an Ipsos Mori survey of more than 4,000 Britons. A further 11pc expect that their financial well being would actually improve if voters decided to leave the political bloc behind on June 23.......

....When asked if they would consider switching their position if Brexit made them £500 a year better off, 13pc of remain voters said that they would vote to leave the EU. Around four in 10 said that they would be unsure about how to vote if this were the case.

“So whilst the rhetoric in the Leave campaign has focused on more abstract concepts of self-determination, the arguments about cash in pockets seem more likely to impact on Brexit voters,” said Mr Duffy.

Supporters of Brexit were less likely to waver. When asked if they would change sides if remaining in the EU made them better off by £500 each year, only 7pc said that it would prompt them to vote to stay in the EU......."

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:43 PM | Registered CommenterGreen Sand

An interesting hour and a bit at Reading University.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:31 PM | Registered CommenterGreen Sand

Would there be a reason why Corbyn has not been at the front of the Remain campaign ?
...like he knows that being on the losing side won't be great for his career as a leader.

...He would have access to poll data that is not in the public domain.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

@GreenSand fromt eh comments on the Reading U Brexit debate ..it seems that Izzard was so bad it's like he set out to sabotage his own Remain position.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:27 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Oh deal No one told Channel 4 that you are supposed to careful hand pick RANDOM audiences like the BBC do on Question Time
Guido points out with video that they gave Cameron a hard time

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:20 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Not C4 it was Sky apparently

Meanwhile the BBC totally misrepresented Cameron's performance in its news story

AND BBBC says There is a hilarious piece on Beitbart showing that the BBC on its blog used a tweet of a non existent Tory MP saying how great Dave’s performance was! You couldnt make it up, unless of course you are the BBC.

BBC: Cameron ‘Did Well’… Quotes Tweet From Parody Tory MP

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:41 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen