This press release was recently released by the Scottish Government. The short notice is, well, extraordinary.
Local communities are being encouraged to get involved in Scotland’s plans for offshore renewable energy, as a series of public meetings kick off over the coming weeks.
The meetings will provide information about the planning process on how Scotland can utilise offshore wind, wave and tidal energy, and seek the views of members of the public to help inform this work...
Meetings will take place in the following locations:
- Edinburgh, September 3: Premier Inn, Morrison Street, Haymarket
- Kirkwall (Orkney), September 4: Kirkwall Town Hall, Broad Street
- Aberdeen, September 5: Camelite Hotel, Stirling Street
- Glasgow, September 6: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Sauchiehall Street
- Newton Stewart (Dumfries & Galloway), September 7: McMillan Hall, Dashwood Square
- Stornoway (Lewis), September 27: Bayhead Bridge Centre, Lamont Lane
- Inverness, September 28: Crown Court Townhouse Hotel, 25 Southside Road