Interesting fact: the Chairman of the Met Office board, Robert Napier, is or has been:
- Chairman of the Green Fiscal Trust*
- Chairman of the trustees of the World Centre of Monitoring of Conservation
- a director of the Carbon Disclosure Project
- a director of the Carbon Group
- Chief executive of the World Wildlife Fund UK
He is also a member of the Green Alliance.
If we are supposed to reject the views of scientists, like Richard Lindzen, on the grounds that they have given speeches at thinktanks that have accepted money from oil interests, then I think its fair to say that we can safely discount anything said by the Met Office forthwith.
*This is per the source. It should actually read "Green Fiscal Commission".