Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > GolfCharlie

GolfCharlie has been absent from this site for many months. He disappeared round about October 24 (on the Trump thread). Mark Hodgson and I became concerned. Mark was able to obtain his e-mail address from Cliscep and contacted him on November 25 2020 and received a reply on the same day. In that reply GolfCharlie reported problems with his tablet and that a change in medication for his leukaemia was debilitating. He hoped to contribute to BH soon. That was the last communication from GC that we know about. An attempt to find out about his status on January 14 2021 (also by e-mail from Mark) received no reply. Mark and I fear the worst.

Does anyone have any additional information that they feel they can share? Finally if GC is still lurking, you might wish to wish him (or Gwendoline) well, as I do here.

Sep 6, 2021 at 3:27 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Seconded ...

There are a few voices that I miss - "Raedwald" was one.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:54 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Alan

Thank you for your kind tribute to golf charlie. Perhaps if golf charlie was still contributing his daily wit and wisdom at BH it would be a bit livelier, at least with regard to climate-related issues (I see it's pretty lively regarding covid).

I have been worried about GC since my more recent attempts to contact him have failed. I hope he's still reading comments here, and if so, I pay tribute to him and send my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Here's hoping.

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

I've lost a few friends this year but today one friend turned up after a year and a half absence. I'm hoping that gc makes it another.

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

I've been increasingly absent from BH since the owner stopped posting. (I even admit to missing Entropic Man).

I do hope GolfCharlie is OK. I have always enjoyed his contributions tremendously.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:44 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart