Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > COP26 - 'ere we go.......

Yikes ... went to the web site...

There's even a pre-COP with Italians and added youth.

The Interpretive Modern Dance crew are already in there.... see COP Cringe Fringe

Then there's an impressive troupe of faith groups ...

You can VOLUNTEER

No word on standby generators yet ....

Di-Hydrogen Monoxide T shirt anybody? (tie-dye is obviously de rigour this year although I'm not really taken with the corporate colour palette)

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:23 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I don't want to look at any of that stuff!

I've seen a few comments suggesting it should be held online. No doubt the BBC would support that.....

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:51 AM | Unregistered CommenterMikeHig

MikeHig

:-)

The earnestness and proclaiming of piety is quite something - my motivation for a tour was just to scope out the "opposition".

The COP Fringe and the https://www.ecocongregationscotland.org/cop26/ faith groups are flat out weirdness - filled with the sort of stuff I've always associated with people who live in broken down caravans and damp tepees smoking way too much dope in the backwoods of mid Wales and deepest Somerset (Glastonbury...)

I didn't see a "drumming to save the planet workshop" - it's got to be there !

XR will undoubtedly have a presence

If it carries on as it's started, it's going to be a really toe curling, epic national embarrassment.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:50 AM | Registered Commentertomo

I haven't seriously looked - but - experience suggests that this regrouping / reconciliation of "climate groups" hints at some behind the scenes orchestration going on.

I suspect that Cabinet Office / BEIS / crony energy companies / ofgem are lurking and seeking to cultivate some "grass roots" in the run up to Glasgow COP26 - If it's happening elsewhere - that'll be the tell.

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:37 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Presumably it's much too early, but a list of COP26 attendees, when released, would be of interest to me. The same names have a habit of cropping up, people who don't the rest of us to fly anywhere seem to do a lot of flying to "save the planet", presumably because the same rules don't apply to them.

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark

how about a Bingo card?

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:39 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, no, a pack of cards similar to that used by the Americans during the Iraq Invasion (but with multiple Jokers). Mann would have to be a Knave.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:41 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

A sweepstake then?

Mark has already laboriously compiled a likely candidate list

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:50 PM | Registered Commentertomo