Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President-elect Biden

So somebody took this video and edited all the pauses together?

Is this really all you got?

Feb 16, 2021 at 3:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Nope - it's what you get

elsewhere

"It will be a couple of months" before Biden has an in-person meeting with a world leader, White House
@presssec Jen Psaki says.

Plenty of time for Mario Cart , dropping logs on the fire and afternoon snoozes while Kamala gets on with business.

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:17 PM | Unregistered Commenter.

Faked video and fake news. What we've all come to expect.

Meanwhile, 30 exec orders and the lawsuits begin.

Feb 16, 2021 at 7:46 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

US PRESIDENT JOE Biden will not be hosting foreign counterparts at the White House for at least a couple months, his spokesperson has said, underlining the administration’s strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols.

“It will be a couple of months before the president has an in-person or invites a foreign leader to meet in person here at the White House,” Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters.

Things have certainly changed at the White House.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/trump-administration-staff-with-covid-19-full-updated-list.html

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke
Feb 17, 2021 at 2:56 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

US PRESIDENT JOE Biden will not be hosting foreign counterparts at the White House for at least a couple months, his spokesperson has said, underlining the administration’s strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols.

“It will be a couple of months before the president has an in-person or invites a foreign leader to meet in person here at the White House,” Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters.

In other words - while Sleepy Joe sleeps -unelected others are keeping us safe.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Oriiginal headline:The Secret Bipartisan Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

"bipartisan" was a bridge too far even for these professional liars.

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:50 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

--><html lang="">
<head>
<title>The Secret Bipartisan Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election | Time</title>
<meta charset="utf-8">

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:54 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Phil Clarke Feb 16, 2021 at 3:43 PM

So... somebody took an edited video and re-cut it?

I know it's disgraceful isn't it ? - as we know - only the Democrat fellating MSM (and impeachment managers) are allowed to do that?

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:13 AM | Registered Commentertomo

The concept of “two wrongs don’t make a right”, or “one bad act is no excuse for another” really hasn’t reached BH has it?

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:42 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK

so you accept that the original Biden interview was a confection and that the re-edit was just as valid - that's progress.

There was no vaccine when Joe arrived at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

elsewhere @AOC weighs in with:

"The infrastructure failures in Texas are quite literally what happens when you *don’t* pursue a Green New Deal".

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:37 AM | Registered Commentertomo

I see factcheckers at Washington Post & CNN say Joe didn't mean that stuff about the vaccine

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:24 AM | Registered Commentertomo

#awkward

Court documents show CNN and NBC paid leftist rioter John Sullivan $35,000 a piece for footage he shot during the "storming" of the Capitol building on January 6th

$70k ? - nice work if you can get it - I hope some legal fees make a good dent in that....

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:42 AM | Registered Commentertomo

A surprisingly cogent Joe - I feel he could/should have elaborated the American position a bit better ...

Xi would have approved of the Opium Wars allusion.

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:01 PM | Registered Commentertomo

This is fun

Democrats will counter that President Trump frequently exaggerates and embellishes, which is true. But we know Trump; he has been on the griddle for nearly four years, and been continually stripped and flayed by a hostile press.

Many of us are just getting to know Joe Biden.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499065-lies-damned-lies-and-the-truth-about-joe-biden

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:21 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

U.S. Capitol Police officials told congressional leaders the razor-wire topped fencing around the Capitol should remain in place until September (AP)

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:44 PM | Registered Commentertomo

President Biden has authorized the Wuhan Institute of Virology to receive US taxpayer funding through 2024

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:09 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Biden Blames 'Former Military, Former Police Officers' for Spurring 'Growth' of White Supremacy

- we should be grateful I suppose that he didn't re-hash the Cornpop tale.

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:46 PM | Registered Commentertomo

You know it's only a matter of time before more Democrats call for Trump's Twitter to be reinstated.

Their business model is predicated on rage, and without Trump, they're losing money every day.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:46 PM | Unregistered Commenter.

As usual, the truth is just a little more nuanced.

BERKOWITZ: More seriously, Mr. President, like millions of my fellow citizens, I was shaken by the attack on the Capitol on January 6th and on our democracy more broadly by your predecessor and his followers.

While I appreciate efforts being made to bring them to justice, I worry about ongoing threats to our country from Americans who embrace white supremacy and conspiracies that align with it.

What can your administration do to address this complex and wide ranging problem?

BIDEN: It is complex and it's wide ranging, and it's real. You may -- I got involved in politics to begin with because of civil rights and opposition to white supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan, and the most dangerous people in America continue to exist. That is the greatest threat to terror in America, domestic terror.

And so I would make sure that my Justice Department and the civil rights division is focused heavily on those very folks, and I would make sure that we, in fact, focus on how to deal with the rise of white supremacy.

And you see what's happening, the studies that are beginning to be done, maybe at your university as well, about the impact of former military, former police officers, on -- on the growth of white supremacy in some of these groups.

You may remember, in one of my debates with the former president, I asked him to condemn the Proud Boys and he wouldn't do it. He said "Stand by," stand ready, or whatever the phrase exactly was.

It is a bane on our existence. It has always been. As Lincoln said, we have to appeal to our better angels, and these guys are not -- and women -- are, in fact, demented. They are dangerous people.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/2102/16/se.01.html

Maybe we have become unused to an American President stating facts, but here it is: a disproportionate number, 21 out of the 150 so far arrested for the Capitol riots are ex-military, others are ex-police, paramedics, firefighters etc. That's just arithmetic.

President Biden is not blaming anyone, he is looking at where the data takes us.

Have you been traumatised by the shocking transition from a 20-lies-a-day idiot to a US Commander-in-Chief who respects facts? Well, help is available.

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:20 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Hard hitting snippet of CNN grilling Biden

CNN LIVE EVENT/SPECIAL

CNN Presidential Town Hall With Joe Biden. Aired 9-10:15p ET

Aired February 16, 2021 - 21:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

[20:59:49]

(APPLAUSE)

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN HOST: And welcome. We are live in the Pabst Theater in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is a CNN Presidential Town Hall, the first with President Joe Biden.

I'm Anderson Cooper. President Biden is just four weeks into his presidency and facing multiple crises. Nearly 500,000 of our fellow citizens, Americans who have died from COVID-19, millions out of work right now and a nation dangerously divided.

Tonight, we're going to be answering questions from the American people. The president will be answering questions from the American people on his first official trip since taking office. Some of the questioners here voted for him, some did not.

The president and I will not be wearing masks on this stage. He of course, has been vaccinated. Over the past several weeks, I have repeatedly tested negative for coronavirus as recently as yesterday and this morning as well. We will however, be keeping our distance from one another.

And the audience is very limited, socially-distanced and all wearing masks when they are seated. With that, I want to welcome the 46th President of the United States, President Joe Biden.

(APPLAUSE)

JOE BIDEN, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: Hey, Anderson.

COOPER: How are you, sir?

BIDEN: Good to see you. Hey, folks, how are you?

(APPLAUSE)

BIDEN: Good to be back, man.

COOPER: Yeah, it's nice to see you, sir.

BIDEN: And you know you enjoyed being home with the baby more, I don't want to hear that (ph) --

COOPER: (LAUGHS) I do, yes. (LAUGHTER)

COOPER: He's nine and a half months, so I'm very happy.

BIDEN: (LAUGHS) I get it, no, no, everybody knows that I like kids better than people.

COOPER: I saw a picture of you with your grandson recently.

BIDEN: That's right.

COOPER: Yeah.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/2102/16/se.01.html

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:21 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe
Feb 19, 2021 at 2:34 AM | Unregistered Commenter.

Given Burisma etc. it looks like distraction

Cuomo watch

Feb 19, 2021 at 2:53 AM | Unregistered Commenter.

Time for a fresh Triump Biden thread, now that the man is in office. There is bound to be much to discuss.
Jan 21, 2017 at 5:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterEn...

Feb 20, 2021 at 12:38 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe