Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Attenborough fronts ‘Climate Change: the Facts’ 18th April BBC1

David Attenborough ‘Climate Change: the Facts’
airs at 9pm on Thursday 18th April on BBC1
Radiotimes

April 12th BBC Radio4 Feedback raised the purely rhetorical question
'Is the BBC doing enough for Climate Change campaigning ?'
.. Ridiculous, cos they know full well they are broadcasting a BBC1 90min Climate special the following Thursday
as well as giving a lot of coverage to ER : the Global Warming public operation using kids.
Just 2 facets of the BBC's multipronged GreenDream campaigning that comes up dozens of times everyday on the BBC networks.

2 hours after the Radio4 show BBC1 aired the trailer, I quote @QV
“We are facing a global catastrophe. Climate change is happening
.. and happening fast.
What can we do to avert a disaster.”

... accompanied with the usual video of smoking chimneys,
.. ice falling into the sea, falling trees,.. forest fires
... and dried up river beds.
If only the programme was going include some unbiased “facts”,
but I fear the will only be the “facts” which support the alarmist viewpoint.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:17 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Tallbloke has also opened a discussion

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Wow. It hasn't even been broadcast yet and still the ad hominems have been booted up.

You guys sound really rattled,

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:38 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

The rattled person is the person who is shouting "ad hominems (plural) have been booted up."

When all I see is one thing : Attenborough being called a saint

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:59 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Please note all his "Convenient Untruths". NPA=Nasal Protuberatory Alert.
========================================

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:17 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Phil, how about if he'd debate? You know, a little of the ol' red team/blue team bit. When you surely want to know more than your hairdresser.
======================

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:23 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Not hard at all to imagine some lavishly catered seminars in secluded and expensive boutique hotels about how to orchestrate the campaign.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:54 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Phil, how about if he'd debate?

Yeah, science refereed by Dimbleby. Or Neil. That will work. Kim, how about the Red team submit something for peer review?

Just kidding, obvs. The debate happened. In the literature, where it belongs. McIntyre scored 1 then retired hurt, about a decade ago.

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Any debate shouldn't be with St. David ( a narrator) - but with the producers, scriptwriters and editors and it most certainly shouldn't be held where any party has content control.

Looks like the Netflix crew are being exceeding evasive about flying walrus stuff.

Of course "Climate Change The Facts" is unrelated to the Netflix incident - if you think that - I'll sell you the second Severn Crossing for £99.99.

Apr 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM | Registered Commentertomo

!. Have any of the blog regulars the technology to annotate this "Attenbol**ks" film with suitable captions ?

Mock them with their own material.

Ian

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:07 AM | Unregistered CommenterIantanyrallt

What a great idea Ian. Why not learn how and link to the results. We look forward to the results.

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Suggest you read up on copyright law first.

Jun 8, 2020 at 12:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK, don't block the creative juices. 'Fair use' could justify a fair amount of borrowing. Comedy, critique, etc. Join me AK in encouraging Ian to learn new skills and at the same time express himself creatively.

Jun 8, 2020 at 12:09 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Tiny. Methinks you are leading young Ian into temptation for your own gratification. What do I know of the Law? But a brief examination might prevent embarrassment and loss of those £100s that were mentioned earlier.

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:05 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Only if somebody tells the BBC and at worst they'd just make him take it down. That Hitler thing has been going for ages with many variations. If he gets really good with the video thing, he might not even need to use Attenborough's footage. He could create an animated version. Ian could learn to imitate him and create something entirely copywright free. Should only take a few years.

Jun 8, 2020 at 3:15 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Goodness tiny you are attempting to clone german small fieldmice.

Jun 8, 2020 at 3:57 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

It keeps him occupied.

Jun 8, 2020 at 5:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2