Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > WUWT Propaganda

Stormfront Phil,
Everyone reading this knows that you are wrong. You can't get closer to a primary source than me (considering my father's current health).
Well done for copying and pasting something else you read on the internet, again. Try reading the definition of primary and secondary sources as well.
My word is it.

Even other racists realise that "M Courtney is rather more than just 'someone of a similar name' to Richard S". So accept the fact.

More importantly, you racist loony, the fact that my father's authority intimidates you does not change the fact that this discussion has demonstrated:
1) Mitigation is not required now.
2) Resources wasted on mitigation will lead to unnecessary deaths of poor people.
3) Most of those poor people will be black and so Stormfront Phil Clarke doesn't consider them worth caring about.

You mentioned that you apologised. That was another lie.

But if you wish to redeem yourself, please apologise to:
-Me, for lying about me being a liar.
-My father, for lying about his honourary PhD. Especially when you know his career and that he obviously got it.
-The poor of the world, for begging that they be murdered by starvation.

If the next post from you doesn't start with "I'm sorry. I have lied. If people listened to my lies then more poor people will die needlessly..." then we will know that this is exactly what you are really campaigning for.

Over to you, Stormfront Phil Clarke, you racist loony,

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:35 AM | Registered CommenterM Courtney

Phil Clarke - the man who complains about ad hom attacks - except when it suits his purposes to make ad hom attacks, and then it's fine.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:48 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark Hodgson, M Courtney & Phil Clarke

if Climate Science had not been dominated by liars and fraudsters, the Peace Dividend that followed the implosion of the USSR would not have been wasted on Soviet style propaganda. The Russians never bought into it, and the Chinese powered their way out of Communism because of it.

BREXIT can, at least, be partially attributed to Climate Science.
Gilets Jaune uprisings ARE due to Climate Science
Wider EU unrest is due to fuel taxes and Merkel's enforced immigration policy, to rescue "Climate" refugees.
The US Rust Belt elected Trump, as Obama ignored their plight, and Clinton assumed they were happy about it.

The Political Left, Right and Centre have all bought (with Taxpayer Funding) into Climate Science propaganda, and all they have achieved is the punishment of the developed world, and the continued punishment of the developing world.

Climate Scientists never understood the difference between correlation and causation. They will have to figure it out without any funding.

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:29 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Phil Clarke,

Tell me when you posted your apology. Date and time. Get back to me from your Utah cave.

You are a disgusting individual. You are deluded.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:58 PM | Unregistered CommenterCharly

In contrast, I will wish you Phil a pleasant Christmas. You make this blog interesting.

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll, yes, Phil Clarke's propaganda is interesting!

This is relevant to the lies and propaganda being pushed in Australia, but it is interesting to make comparisons with the lies and propaganda being pushed in the UK, and occasionally on this Blog.

http://joannenova.com.au/2018/12/new-report-renewables-indirectly-make-electricity-more-expensive-so-abc-tells-australia-the-opposite/

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:23 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

So the back pedalling begins. It is now an honourary degree. How convenient. Still, I would love to know which academy awarded the honourary doctorate, and how anyone reading the signatures to the various politically motivated open letters and petitions signed by 'Dr' Courtney could be expected to know that his Doctorate was honourific (if this be the case) as opposed to earned.

I seem to remember something in the Bible about bearing false witness.

An honorary degree,[1] in Latin a degree honoris causa ("for the sake of the honour") or ad honorem ("to the honour"), is an academic degree for which a university (or other degree-awarding institution) has waived the usual requirements, such as matriculation, residence, a dissertation, and the passing of comprehensive examinations. The degree is typically a doctorate or, less commonly, a master's degree, and may be awarded to someone who has no prior connection with the academic institution[2] or no previous postsecondary education. An example of identifying a recipient of this award is as follows: Doctorate in Business Administration (Hon. Causa).

The degree is often conferred as a way of honouring a distinguished visitor's contributions to a specific field or to society in general.[3]

It is sometimes recommended that such degrees be listed in one's curriculum vitae (CV) as an award, and not in the education section.[4] With regard to the use of this honorific, the policies of institutions of higher education generally[citation needed] ask that recipients "refrain from adopting the misleading title"[5] and that a recipient of an honorary doctorate should restrict the use of the title "Dr" before their name to any engagement with the institution of higher education in question and not within the broader community

Anyhow, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to real, honourary and fake Doctors everywhere.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:30 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

OMG! It just occrred to me. What if M Courtney is lying about his Dad's honourary degree, after lying about his earned degree.

Surely nobody would stoop so low, at Chistmas?

Dec 25, 2018 at 12:31 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

You stoop very low, Phil Clarke.

Date and time of your apology?

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:04 AM | Unregistered CommenterCharly

Happy Christmas to you, ST.

More than "pleasant", I hope.

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:08 AM | Unregistered CommenterCharly

Christmas or not, I have to say that I think you've rather let yourself down on this thread, Phil. Classic warmist tactic of playing the man, not the ball (and playing a man who wasn't even on the thread, at that!).

Still, regardless, Merry Christmas to one and all (though we celebrate the solstice in our household).

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:44 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Merry Christmas to one and all. Or a still solstice night if such is your ways.

Just for the record, Stormfront Phil Clarke knew from the start that my father's PhD is honourary. When he linked the paper that listed my gather's qualifications it clearly showed that his first degree was from the Open University and the second wasn't.
Stormfront Phil Clarke also knows that my father did the job that he did so couldn't have taken years out of his career to go to academia.

I know that he is reduced to playing the man because he is entirely wrong in every way on the issue at hand. For some reason he won't admit it.

Stormfront Phil Clarke, in the Spirit of the Season I give you this gift: The certain knowledge that we don't need to spend any resources on mitigation now. You can relax and spend your life doing something of value instead of campaigning for dead Africans.
Verily, I give you the gift of life itself.
Merry Christmas!

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:28 AM | Registered CommenterM Courtney

I know that he is reduced to playing the man because he is entirely wrong in every way on the issue at hand. For some reason he won't admit it.
Dec 25, 2018 at 9:28 AM | M Courtney

He was correct about the name of your Father, but as you confirmed that (again?) about a year (?) ago on this blog, no prizes need to be awarded

This tends to confirm the average 97% inaccuracy of Climate Science. The names of the the authors written on Peer Reviewed Climate Science are probably the 3% of information that is accurate.

This is demonstrated by Phil Clarke and the Mann and Lewandowsky hit piece on Susan Crockford that actually took 17 of them to fabricate.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/11/29/more-slime-from-the-lewandowsky-mann-machine-calling-for-trench-warfare/

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:33 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Gosh GolfCharlie, even the combatants made peace for the 25th more than a hundred years ago in the trenches.

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:45 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:45 AM | Supertroll
I just thought Mann's preChristmas Turkey from a year ago was worth remembering, now that it is really going off.

For more festive spirit (provided Juncker has left any) try here:
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/11/28/cartoons-by-josh-calendar-2019/

If Juncker could be persuaded that the EU's Green swamp is fortified with lakefuls of French and German wine, perhaps he would drain it?

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:20 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Uranium enrichment leads to world peace and happiness.
Climate Scientist enrichment causes doom, poverty and conflict.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/12/25/merry-christmas-everyone/

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:33 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Just for the record, Stormfront Phil Clarke knew from the start that my father's PhD is honourary. When he linked the paper that listed my gather's qualifications it clearly showed that his first degree was from the Open University and the second wasn't. 

With all due respect, and for the record, you are speaking out of your behind. None of the documents I have cited mention a Doctorate, honourary or otherwise, one speaks of a Open University BA, a Cambridge DipPhil, (which seems not to be an actual thing, ) and some sort of Diploma from Bristol.

You claimed an actual Ph.D: Yes. My father does have a PhD.

An honourary one, we learn later, but from a curiously unnamed academy. Hey, I'm just Auditing here.

Stormfront Phil Clarke also knows that my father did the job that he did so couldn't have taken years out of his career to go to academia .

His job, I believe, was Editor of a coal industry magazine. Some might say, not a person totally lacking in conflicts of interest. It is demonstrably the case that he signed himself 'Dr' and 'Ph.D.' to petitions and open letters for the likes of the Cato Institute despite, by your own admission, not spending years in academia. Not cool.

I am only aware of one other recipient of an honourary Doctorate who styles himself 'Dr', and that is poet Dr. John Cooper Clarke, the Bard of Salford, awarded an honourary Doctorate of Arts by Salford University.

He does it as a joke. Mathew, you never had much in the way of credibility. Sadly, and by your own actions, you now have none.

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:27 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

I am pleased to announce that the University of Bracknell has awarded me an honourary Doctorate in irrational xenophobia and applied narcotics.

Consequently, in 2019 and beyond, I will have no time to spend in this cesspit of lies.

But please, do carry on. You never know .......

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:40 AM | Unregistered CommenterDr. Phil Clarke

Phil Clarke, how long ago did you realise that Climate Science provided no supporting evidence, and ad hom attacks were the only means of offence?

You keep threatening to leave, and take your nonscience and lies with you, is it just the Big Green Pay Cheques that keep bringing you back?

Did your belief in Climate Science result from self-application of narcotics?

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Stormfront Phil,
Keep going. Keep on going. Everyday I log in and see you swinging from that self-made noose and I think, "I did that". One less neo-Nazi on the net.

You have correctly conceded that your murderous policies of mitigation are wrong. Indeed you have abandoned that call. Not with a bang but with a wet skulk behind slurs. But you have backed down from suggesting that AGW is an urgent issue. You have learnt.

You have correctly conceded that the policies you were asking for would have disproportionately hit the poor and African. Again, without the integrity to explicitly state it but you have not contested your racism. And have backed down from trying to convert others to wear your white-pointy hat.

But now I realise you have also correctly conceded that my integrity is unimpeachable. You keep making up slurs about my father because you can find no fault in me, myself. Much have I written here and the only thing you can question is that I may be lying. No evidence for that, of course, but we can understand the projection.

Thank you for the amusement and the compliment.
And in exchange I let you associate with your better, as you evidently think I am
Correctly.

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:19 AM | Registered CommenterM Courtney

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:19 AM | M Courtney

If the lies, scare stories and propaganda are removed from Climate Science, is there much left?

We have improved weather forecasting, from better knowledge of where the weather in ten days time will have come from.

We have a better understanding of how to monitor ENSO, plot its changes/swings and match them to what happened to the weather the last time ENSO did something similar.

We still have no reliable evidence or science to explain the cause, maintenance and end of either the MWP or LIA, that Mann and the Hockey Teamsters (including chief propaganda artist William M Connolley) claimed never happened. Then we had the pause/hiatus in global warming.

As you note, Hockey Teamsters are now backtracking, a bit. A few formal retractions would demonstrate that there is some honesty in climate science.

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:18 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Phil. The esteemed Senate of the academic powerhouse that is the University of Bracknell report that they are not in the habit of awarding gratuitous honourifics over the Christmas festivities. Thus Phil's degree must be of the postal variety emanating from China or Nigeria and consequently of dubious value. Phil should check the back of any document to ensure it comes with the correct address of Berks.

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:52 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:52 PM | Supertroll

But, but, but blooming Bracknell was the home of the Met Office, they couldn't possibly be involved, and as for China, that is where Phil Jones got his vanishing take away data from, for his UHI Science Busting paper in 1990.

https://climateaudit.org/tag/jones-1990/

It is interesting to reread those posts that pre-date Climategate, and see how much was subsequently confirmed and corroborated

I wonder if the blooms of Bracknell effected Phil Clarke's narcotics research?

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:32 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

you racist loony

You believe you know more about the climate than the World's most read climate change blog? Why? Because you read it in on the internet

That's a keeper.

Everyday I log in and see you swinging from that self-made noose

… have backed down from trying to convert others to wear your white-pointy hat.

But you have backed down from suggesting that AGW is an urgent issue.

But now I realise you have also correctly conceded that my integrity is unimpeachable. You keep making up slurs about my father because you can find no fault in me, myself.

No, MC, It is clear you have zero personal integrity or credibility. Richard S Courtney awarded himself a fake Doctorate and deployed it in attempts to delay action on a key global issue. When challenged, you doubled down and denied the qualification was fake, which it clearly is. Then you claimed the Doctorate was merely an honorific, which means using it politically was ethically dubious at best. I call bullshit even on the honourary degree. You could prove me wrong by sharing the name of the awarding academy, but you won't.

The lack of integrity is telling and prevalent.. I see two Russian solar scientists who bet against global warming, and so lost badly, are refusing to pay up.

http://julesandjames.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-bet-final-outcome.html

Situation normal.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:29 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

When it comes to wagers - stoat's buddy Phil is risibly selective there.... looks like one-all from here.

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:02 AM | Unregistered Commenterfred