Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Delingpole

I record this, just in case there are any fellow irony enthusiasts reading this moribund blog.

James Delingpole, formerly of the Telegraph, now Breitbart, professional AGW denier and self styled 'interpreter of interpretations' (translation: cannot be bothered to open an actual scientific paper) has set up a gofundme page begging for money to fund his treatment for chronic Lyme disease.

Turns out the incidence of Lyme disease is a pretty good indicator of climate change.

Strange times.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:44 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

Lyme disease incidence is rising in the United States and is in fact far more common than West Nile virus and other insect-borne diseases. Forest fragmentation could explain the increase.

https://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/ecoinf/lyme.jsp

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:02 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

How are the rest of you poating on "Unthreaded?

When I try I get a Captcha request but no text to copy.

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:53 AM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

Clipe

Right and left do it.

Schadenfreude is part of human nature.

I note that Delingpole claims to have chronic Lyme disease.

This is arguable. You are infected, you get treatment and it goes away. Left untreated your immune system fights it off after a few months. There is some residual damage in severe cases, but no ongoing infection.

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

Oh, I take no enjoyment from Delingpole being laid low by climate change, that would be meanspirited. Medical science seems to be divided on whether chronic Lyme disease is a thing, however I hope he recovers quickly from his imaginary illness and gets to spend the cash on a nice holiday and some dental work.

Then he can get back to his quality journalism, devoid of meanspiritedness... Like this

…the Warmist faith so fervently held and promulgated by the Met Office is exactly the same faith so passionately, unswervingly followed by David Cameron, Chris Huhne, Greg Barker, the Coalition’s energy spokesman in the Lords Lord Marland, and all but five members of the last parliament. And also by the BBC, the Prince of Wales, almost every national newspaper, the European Union, the Royal Society, the New York Times, CNBC, the Obama administration, the Australian and New Zealand governments, your children’s schools, our major universities, our minor universities, the University of East Anglia, your local council… Truly there just aren’t enough bullets!

And this: Delingpole leads Telegraph into vicious climate over email

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:42 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

EM, I have in the past had occasional problems with posting comments, but mostly on discussion threads, rather than on unthreaded. In part, that was why I gave up on the COP23 thread. Having spent quite a lot of time putting a post together, I had my enthusiasm drained by it failing to post, and by my losing the entire comment at the same time.

At the moment, however, I don't seem to have any problems with attempting to post on unthreaded. Hopefully your difficulty will disappear, as mine did eventually.

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:48 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark Hodgson

Thanks for the help.

I have learned finally to copy every comment before posting it. 😕

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:42 AM | Phil Clarke

Any more Climate Science experts been arrested for sexual offences recently, or are they just sticking to fraud , bad taste, and poor judgement as normal?

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:39 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Hi GC,

Before descending to the gutter, you may want to Google the offences committed by the climate contrarian Dr. Oliver Manuel.

HTH

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:34 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

PS http://journalistatheart.blogspot.com/2011/10/dr-oliver-manuel-arrested-for-multiple.html

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:36 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Clarke

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/09/06/trumps-new-science-advisor-calls-global-warming-a-cult-movement-pure-belief-disguised-as-science/

President Trump's new top science advisor Dr. Will Happer of Princeton University has told The Scientist that the significance of climate change has been "tremendously exaggerated" and has "become sort of a cult movement in the last five or 10 years."

I don't think "cult" was Pachauri's motivation, whilst fiddling in the offices of power and corrupted science:

https://thewire.in/gender/delhi-court-rejects-teri-pachauris-plea-gag-order
"New Delhi: In a victory for the nine women who spoke out about how they were sexually harassed by the former chancellor of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), R.K. Pachauri, a Delhi trial court on February 13 rejected his plea for a gag order on media coverage.

“Now that being the position of law, the injunction as sought for falls foul to the said explicit proposition of law. Such restraints as sought for not only amounts to enforcing a gag order upon the media but at the same time prevents a right of the public to be kept updated about the developments – their right to know is infracted or trampled upon,” said the court.

Pachauri had sought an injunction claiming that his reputation was being damaged by the media.

“The plaintiff himself had stated that he is a recipient of various awards/well decorated and also claims himself to be a leading luminary in his field having national and international stature. Thus, he has a public persona or is a public figure and has to be under public gaze,” the court said.

The initial sexual harassment charges had been filed by a female employee – who subsequently resigned from the organisation – in February 2015, but the governing council of TERI only removed Pachauri from his post as chief in July 2015."

It is difficult to know what his reputation was, and what it was for. Could it possibly be damaged? Perhaps both Mann and Gleick will give him an Award for his loyalty to greed and self interest?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/02/climate-scientist-michael-mann-congratulates-identity-thief-peter-gleick-for-receiving-his-carl-sagan-award/

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:38 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Phil Clarke, if you have no science apart from gutter scrapings, why bother?

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:49 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

William M Connolley is a natural leader in Climate Science writing.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/21/sick-warmist-scientist-william-connolley-cheers-death-of-climate-skeptic-dr-bob-carter-as-an-advancement-in-science-gloats-science-advances-one-funeral-at-a-time/

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:08 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Oh, I take no enjoyment from Delingpole being laid low by climate change, that would be meanspirited. Medical Climate science seems to be divided on whether chronic Lyme disease Global warming is a thing, however I hope he recovers quickly from his my imaginary illness and gets to spend the cash on a nice holiday and some dental work applying proverbial dental work to my fellow smooth and toothy talkers.

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:25 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

When it comes to lies and corruption, centred at GMU (George Mason University) the name Shukla produces a lot of hits at one site alone:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/?s=Shukla

All these people scamming taxpayers, because they can't find any science or evidence to support Mann.

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:30 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Mr. Meanspirited starts off with

this moribund blog
and hurtles downhill from there.

ET's Discussion isn't going as expected so...Oh look, a squirrel!

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:11 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

EM's not ET's.

EM, have you tried clearing your cache?

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:13 AM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

Oh look, a squirrel!
Sep 8, 2018 at 2:11 AM | clipe

https://dailycaller.com/2016/10/16/here-are-al-gore-sex-assault-allegations-the-media-covered-up/

"The New York Times and Washington Post have morphed into the personal Facebook pages of random women making unsubstantiated allegations against Donald Trump. So maybe they should at least finally quote a female masseuse’s statements to police about Al Gore allegedly sexually assaulting her in a Portland Hotel.

In 2010, the Portland Police announced they were opening up an investigation into Molly Haggerty’s charges about the alleged 2006 incident. Even though an official transcript of her interview the previous year with Portland Police Detective Molly Baul was quickly posted by TheSmokingGun.com, the New York Times only reported in vague term that Gore was being accused of unwanted sexual advances. WaPo investigative reporter Carol Leonnig reported that the woman told police that she “was repeatedly subjected to unwanted sexual touching.” "

There seems to be a pattern of overheating claims driving Climate Science advocates to expect women to strip off. Obviously Clinton was different. Monica kept her dress on, though she should have put on a toddlers dribble bib.

Sep 8, 2018 at 6:39 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Phil C and golf charlie, you're both better than this. There are probably scumbags on both sides of the debate, but pointing out who they are and what they are alleged to have done, does not deal with the arguments they might be making.

It's possible to be a saint and to be wrong. It's possible to be a scumbag and to be correct about a very important issue. Playing the man, not the ball,is never a good tactic.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:35 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Turns out the incidence of Lyme disease is a pretty good indicator of climate change.

Strange times.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:44 AM | Phil Clarke

Turns out the EPA have never been a source that should be relied on.

A growing number of Polar Bears are worried about the possible increase in hunting quotas.

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:01 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Mark. Whereas I applaud your 8.35 post and agree with most of it wholeheartedly, there is just one niggling doubt. I wonder if "playing the man rather than the ball" is invariably wrong. When judging who to support, we usually look at the whole person, we believe that one aspect can give information about the whole, especially when we believe there are attempts at cover up. Other people's judgement is based upon one factor alone and everything else is ignored or explained away.
Thus for me Trump is the "man" and his attitude to climate change is the "ball". Personally, I think the "man" is a scumbag (so I could never support him) whereas I like his "ball". My belief is that the attractiveness of the "ball" for many here, overrides the obvious deficiencies of the "man".

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:09 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Oh look, an elephant!!!!

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:52 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll, I agree.

I too think Trump is a scumbag, and certainly not someone to be worshipped (or, in an ideal world, voted for). Unfortunately politics in the western world throws up dilemmas. Currently I am really struggling to think who I might vote for in the next general election. Similarly, had I been an American faced with a choice in the last presidential election between Trump, Hilary, an independent who didn't know what Syria is, and a Green fruitloop, I would have been in despair. But I do like Trump's climate ball!

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark with respect to whom to vote for in the next general election; my current view is that I will vote for no party, I will endeavour to vote for who I believe is the best individual candidate of whatever party. However, given the intense blueness of my part of Norfolk, any vote for a non-Tory is a wasted vote. Nevertheless, I still usually waste my time and effort, if only so I can legitimately complain afterwards. Not voting and then complaining is hypocritical.

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:54 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll