Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > COP 23

Yes it's headed this way .... probably deserves a thread of its own

See how it's going

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Where are all the wind turbines and solar panels?

I note the big top for all the clowns.

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:53 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Tickets still available.......

Will there be an official US Govt representation? Possibly not from NASA ....

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/09/03/president-trump-appoints-new-nasa-chief/
"In the video Bridenstine mentions the global warming pause, and criticises then President Obama for squandering money on global warming, instead of focussing on saving lives with better weather forecasting."

Who would have thought that better weather forecasting is a better way of saving lives? Doh!

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:18 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Supertroll

that's actually what I thought about "the big tent" :-)

Wind turbines and solar panels? = too risky >> not difficult to imagine an overcast and near windless week in Bonn in November.

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:20 PM | Registered Commentertomo

But in the big tent, they could demonstrate what wind generators and solar panels look like for most of the time, without risk of a fire.

When the tent is full of partygoers, it will be a wonderful display of uselessness. As none of them have an idea about how any of their ideas can be paid for, or why, it seems rather apt.

Any idea how they are providing lighting, heating and power to this uninsulated tented village?

Sep 4, 2017 at 5:18 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

I'm looking forward in due course to the list of attendees. Will the usual suspects from COP22 (and earlier COPs) once more be in attendance? Will they have learned anything, and reduced the numbers, or will it be the same CO2-belching jamboree?

Sep 4, 2017 at 7:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark Hodgson

For those who already have a ticket, paid for by someone else's tax, I expect they will party as though there may never be another one.

Angele Merkel will probably turn up for a farewell, and Juncker's appearance may be met with dismay.

All that they can conclude is that they need to strive, more boldy than ever before, to continue endeavouring to have meaningless meetings to discuss what they would do, with the money they are not going to get.

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC, since they are indeed always telling us that globally there is going to be no tomorrow, then it certainly makes sense for them to party like there is no tomorrow. Almost a welcome outbreak of self-consistency.

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:53 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

michael hart, it is good that they have developed some self-consistency. Self-sufficiency without other peoples funding was never their strong point.

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:03 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie