Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Who'd have thunk it...

Millions of genuine experts.
Exposure.
Budgets.
Gazillions of stats. Past and current.

Yet who or what program predicted Leicester going from bottom to clear at top in one year?

(A theoretically limited system. certainly in comparison to others we could mention.)

Humourously mentioned but somewhere is hiding a serious issue.

Note: a similar issue raised recently with the UK Election polling.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:35 AM | Unregistered CommenterGod (in his playful mood)

Apparently a Leicester Carpenter emboldened by John Barleycorn put £5 at 1000:1 on Leicester City winning the premier league. But I imagine there are drunks putting a couple of quid on their team to win whatever division they are playing in. Perhaps even a supporter of Rothes in the Highland League.

On the other hand I cannot imagine that any Climate Scientist™ no matter how drunk putting so much as a sou on any of their predictions coming true.

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterSandyS

It's due to unprecedented global warming in the East Midlands water.

After 24 games last season, Northampton Town (Cobblers by name, usually cobblers by nature, a bit like Cli-Sci) were also in 20th place in Division 2. Earlier this season players and staff were not being paid, the Borough Council brought an administration petition as the best way to stall a winding up petition from HMRC for unpaid taxes, and the police are investigating the disappearance of a £10.25m public loan.

The team are now 5 points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:38 AM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

If Leicester do win at unbelievable odds, does it make it any more likely that climate scientists will come up with an explanation of the Pause, LIA, or MWP based on CO2 fixation?

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:35 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie