Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Soon, Baliunus, de Freitas, Etal

Gixxer

Well, if climate change is going to get them anyway... it'd be wasteful not to eat the buggers now ;-)

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM | Unregistered CommenterBBD

Re: BBD

Neither Soon nor any other player has taken legal action. Therefore these facts are correct.

Now that is one hell of a leap of logic.

Neither Mann nor any other player has ever taken legal action against Climate Audit or WUWT or Bishop Hill therefore every fact on those blogs is correct.

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterTerryS

Oops. Last time I looked at one of these threads it had it in reverse order (latest first) so it seems I've responded to one of the first posts instead of one of the latest. No doubt my response has been covered in the previous 14 pages so please ignore

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterTerryS

I just stumbled across this:

“One day, a year and a half ago, I received a letter with white powder inside it that looked like it could be anthrax. I forwarded the letter to the police who sent it for analysis: it turned out to be corn flour.”

-Michael Mann

Does Mann really think he is that famous/notorious? that skeptics are growing anthrax spores in their lab in order to get him?

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:26 AM | Unregistered CommenterShub

Re: Shub

Mann wants us to believe that he received white powder in the post, that he believed was anthrax and he forwarded it to the police?

If you receive something you believe to be anthrax and inform the authorities the following will happen:

1. Police, Fire and Ambulance services will arrive at your doorstep.
2. If it is determined to be a credible threat then HAZMAT will be dispatched.
3. The FBI will be called in since it is a federal crime.
4. The suspect package will be sealed in a HAZMAT container and sent to FBI laboratories.
5. The area surrounding the suspect item will be isolated and a perimeter established (probably around the building).
6. Public health services will be informed.
7. With police, fire, EMS, HAZMAT and FBI on site the local news will inevitably discover the incident and dispatch news crews.
8. Everybody who was in contact with the package (including postal workers) will receive medical attention and be prescribed various drugs until the contents of the package has been analysed.

That is only the opening moves.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM | Unregistered CommenterTerryS