Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Pre Xmas Pub Meet? - Oxford

It's been a busy year on the Climate Front. There's lots to talk about.

So with Christmas and New Year coming up, I suggest a festive pub meet sometime in December.

Experience shows that Oxford is a good centre for many. Typically we get together one weeknight in the early evening allowing people to have pub grub as well as drinks.

No formal agenda..just come along prepared to meet some folks and join in the discussion. All opinions welcome - from confirmed sceptic to confirmed believer

At this time, just wondering how many would be interested in principle in joining up. We can firm up the exact plans later.

If you are interested, please post below and give dates between Monday 2nd December and Friday 20th December that would fit for you.

In the past we've been to Jonathan and Ruth's local in Iffley and to the famous Kings Arms in Central Oxford. Please indicate your preference for either or none. Will try to arrange for the most popular as best we can.

Look forward to seeing you then. Cheers!

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM | Registered CommenterLatimer Alder

I could be interested. Dates: 17th, 18th or 19th. Place: Iffley (my daughter lives nearby).

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM | Registered CommenterRobin Guenier

As usual I'm up for it and as I am local I will be there no matter what the date and place.

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM | Registered Commenterrhoda

If someone can tell me Oxford has a mega T.K. Maxx I might be able to tempt Mrs. Geronimo to come, but I make my traditional half yearly visit to Liverpool between 16th and 19th December, so it doesn't look good for me. We'll have to see how many believers come before we arrange the Christmas truce footie match.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM | Unregistered Commentergeronimo

Oxford does in fact have a T.K. Maxx, about a mile from Iffley, but I doubt it is terribly mega: with a few exceptions like books, wine, and clerical garb, the shopping in Oxford is fairly dire.

Ruth and I are around for some of the days mentioned. Term ends on 7th December, but the KA will remain fairly busy, both because of students staying up to help with admissions and more obviously because of Christmas. We'll come if we can.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM | Registered CommenterJonathan Jones

I'll try and make whatever day's arranged, but Wednesdays are difficult

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterShotover

Another 2 for Iffley.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM | Unregistered CommenterM and M

OK - a temporary change in personal/family circs. means that I am pretty much confined to Surrey for the pre-Christmas period.

If anyone wants to arrange an Oxford meet, please feel free to do so. But sadly, I won't be able to join you until the New Year. Have a good one!

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM | Unregistered CommenterLatimer Alder

We are pretty busy too, so I suggest we plan to do something early in the New Year?

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterJonathan Jones

New Year is miles better for me too.

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterDon Keiller

The New Year would work better for me also.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM | Registered Commentermikeh