Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Pseudo-Green charities all troughing, big salaries etc.

We already know that much of the Global Warning agenda comes from a form of corruption
with politicians and all being connected to businesses that suck up subsidies like windfarms, consultancies etc.

But Mark draws our attention to Client Earth, a seemingly mainly American funded org that practice lawfare against the democratically elected government on both climate and air pollution
Like, The gov will say we want to put targets for 10 years time, cos it will hit the economy too hard
.. and Client Earth will run to the courts with unseemingly limitless money and sue the gov until it submits

Mark posted this
Boss of taxpayer-funded green charity sees pay soar 50pc to £232,000

"The head of a taxpayer-funded environmental charity has become one of the highest paid bosses in the voluntary sector after his pay package rose by 50 per cent to £232,000.

James Thornton, the head of ClientEarth, is now the highest paid green charity boss in Britain with his pay outstripping the heads of Greenpeace, WWF and Friends of the Earth.

The charity, which is based in East London, received nearly £1 million worth of funding from the Department for International Development last year.

It rose to prominence after mounting three successful legal challenges against the Government which forced it to overhaul its air pollution strategy in towns and cities."

It's pay-walled after that, but that's enough to get my day off to a bad start!
=========
Actuall Mark @Mark with my free Telegraph account I can still see the entire article ... And comments

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:21 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

And comments
eg1 \\ Most CEOs of Charities are Common Purpose placemen.
It is common knowledge that the treasonous organisation looks after its own.
Ironically, Common Purpose is a registered charity but does not have to comply whith the rules governing charities - perhaps that's because the Charity Commissioner is also an associate of Common Purpose.
https://www.cpexposed.com/document-category/charities

eg2
\\ Not just £13 billion in foreign aid but £10 billion grants to charities. They include Amnasty International who paid two top people who were made to leave, Kahn and Gilmore, £850,000 in golden handshakes. //
(he means goodbyes)

\\ I'm curious to see if Corbyn will attack the outrageous pay of this charity ceo, NO oh there's a surprise! //

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:23 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

I see Paul's maybe on the case
================

CE is not really a charity
It’s a high powered lobby group funded by deep American funds

\\ Large offices at the top of a London mega tower, limos & first class travel and making a loss every year, kind of invalidates the whole gig. //

The gravy train
\\ it's hard to support charities like the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) when the US CEO of the WWF gets a package worth nearly $1 million per year - even the UK Chief gets around £140,000 per year.//

The charitable sector costs the UK taxpayer over £18bn pa.
and it isn't spent as taxpayers' money should be spent.
https://moneyweek.com/403974/the-real-cost-of-charities-to-the-taxpayer/

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:43 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

stewgreen, thanks for the thread. If I can regain my enthusiasm, I might start digging through the COP attendees again, and establishing how many of them are charities and funded by the UK government and/or the EU. Mind you, I'll need to be VERY enthusiastic - it's a huge job, as there are thousands of them with their snouts in the taxpayer-funded trough.

The UK legal definition of charity is of course different from the dictionary definition, but to my way of thinking charity is inconsistent with taking money from the taxpayer. My concise OED offers up these definitions:

"An organisation set up to provide help and raise money for those in need".

"The voluntary giving of money to those in need."

"Help or money given in this way."

"Tolerance in judging others"

"Love of humankind, typically in a Christian. [archaic]".

I don't see that ClientEarth's activities fall under any of those definitions, and I object to my taxes going to fund their CEO's lavish salary and help him sue the government that gave him the money in the first place.

I had a look at their website and it's fairly opaque on the question of funding. They do admit to receiving Government funding, but don't say how much, in their 2016 report & accounts. From other sources, I've read that it's been £3M from the UK Government over the last 3 years.

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:16 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:16 PM | Mark Hodgson

Charity (modern) Tax Efficient Lobbying.

Nov 3, 2018 at 1:05 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

DfID gave £1000000 eh ?

Is it true that more borrowed money is given away in aid than is dispensed to local councils in the UK?

What's the betting that it's all cosily arranged at dinner parties and social events ? Our public sector simply acknowledges no limits with its largess with other people's money.

Nov 3, 2018 at 1:25 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, but I am sure those dinner parties involve peasant food, flown in from starving peasants all over the world.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:07 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Paul Homewood is on to this story now, and he's done a good job of analysing the accounts of ClientEarth (he's done better than me, as I couldn't find this info, but then my internet skills are very limited...):

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2018/11/04/uk-aid-money-going-to-green-blob/

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson