Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > The Climate Religion Domino Effect

It looks as if the USA is on track to ditch the Climate Change Religion. While many accolytes will remain True Believers for life, the wind will have forever gone from the sails of the movement. When the Democratic Party pulls itself together (if it ever does) it will realise that it's not a vote winner and will abandon it.

Where the USA goes, others follow. What will be the next zone where the Religion is abruptly abandoned? Australia/New Zealand? The EUssr? UK?

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM | Registered CommenterMartin A

The EU will whine that the UK leaving is why they'll miss their targets and we'll have to pay them compensation.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

Don't count out the Germans yet. They tend not to stay stupid for long.
========

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

I'm curious about the reaction by the BRICs. An adjustment will occur as they realize that the fading hopes for climate reparations have shimmered into invisibility. The BRICs are hardly monolithic politically about climate and energy, but the developed West regaining its sense will have to have some results common to all of them.
==================

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:46 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Heh, they can either be vastly relieved that the West took up all the guilt so that few of the BRICs have even minimally damaged themselves with renewable follies or they can be congratulated upon pulling the guilt trip for so long.

Maurice Strong stirs uneasily in his grave. It was just so damn close.
==============

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Martin A, as previously noted, Green Religious Issues did NOT form part of the US Debate, or Brexit, or the UK General Election. UK Prime Minister May has axed DECC which is a fairly blunt statement, but has not actually SAID anything.

Green Religious Issues have fallen to the bottom of the most important list in the UK and USA, but until recent announcements by Trump, no Premier has been prepared to say so.

Trump is demonstrating his class as a World Leader. With the US EPA Law Book torn up, the UK is best positioned in Europe to benefit. As the EU lurches from one crisis to the next, it will be interesting to see if the EU realises that Team Green is killing the EU.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:34 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

... but until recent announcements by Trump, no Premier has been prepared to say so.

Once the President of the USA is saying the unsayable, the taboo will have been broken.

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:47 PM | Registered CommenterMartin A

Martin A, that is what I am hoping. It explains why panic is progressing rapidly amongst Progressives everywhere.

The Domino Effect is an interesting analogy, the idea of one toppling and knocking over the next. Do Progressives learn to ditch Global Warming, before Electorates ditch them?

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:06 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

We'll see. The German elections are due in less than a year. Merkel seems to be rowing back on some other issues. Whether die ergiewende comes into play remains to be seen. My understanding is that the Germans were smart enough at the outset of making promises such that they ensured sufficient leeway so they could build the coal-fired generators currently in the offing, yet still remain 'in compliance'. Realpolitik, or what? I'd be interested in any German points of view.

But generally, no, I don't foresee a big domino effect. Climate alarmism has achieved supertanker status in the legacy media. They use it to sell their products. It will disappear, not in a puff of smoke, but by slow strangulation. After all, it was inveigled into the psyche of (too) many people over a period of decades, and I think it will depart in the same manner.

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart