Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > BBC & Media Bias re :climate/energy/green issues ..new thread

golf charlie
I don't recall any discussion or comparisons between the last time and this time, no mention of population changes increase in area of city or any other of the myriad of changes in the last 50 years. Just a bit of film of the locals suffering in the heat.

May 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM | Unregistered CommenterSandyS

SandyS, it must be the standard, and prioritisation of modern journalism, that has changed in the last 60 years. For some reason, back in the 50s, journalists had a better sense of proportion about threats to the world, and some of them may even have had actual experience to put it all into perspective.

May 21, 2016 at 9:14 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Good points ..my own words in Unthreaded :
...Phalodi, Rajastan India was 51C.. BBCs new scare story
well one day I worked in the Atacama Desert it was 56C

I've been in summer to Jaisalmer the next city to Phalodi it was damned hot
you just moved from one cool drink to another ..and the buildings have their own towers to catch cool winds

I wonder if the new wind turbines in that desert have warmed it ?

May 23, 2016 at 1:49 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

I mean, really, strewth: "Exxon Mobil faces 'change or die' moment on climate By Matt McGrath Environment correspondent, BBC News, Dallas.

I do hope Matt Stainbrain didn't use any fossil fuels on his way to Dallas and doesn't plan to use any Exxon products while he is there.

Before that fateful day in 1963, JFK reportedly said to an aide "We're heading up into nut country". Now the BBC is sending fucking eco-nuts to Dallas.

May 25, 2016 at 2:33 AM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

Michael Hart. It says one of the resolutions being put to ExxonMobil is for them to appoint a board member with a "high degree of climate expertise". Do you think that ExxonMobil might agree and then appoint someone like our Grace?

May 25, 2016 at 6:13 AM | Unregistered CommenterAlan Kendall

By fluke topics follow
Matt McGrath just posted Exxon: An inconvenient truth
WTF does he mean ?
You have to dig deep into the test to find Exxon shareholders didn't back the CC measures McGrath wanted.

May 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

BBC media of the common people
This weeks Any Questions featured Vicky crimbo Pryce
..next week features Green MP Caroline Lucas ..ah they will have Julia Hartley Brewer aswell
(3 F 1M female positive discrimination.. I guess)

May 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

By strange coincidence Green MP Caroline Lucas was on Question Time this week
..I guess some chosen people have been given their own BBC master-key whic opens every studio door.

May 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

BBC 2012 "Scientists warn pandas are under threat from climate change"
BBC 2016 "Giant pandas rebound off endangered list"

But don't worry, they haven't started asking questions. They still insisted that global warming is going to wipe 1/3 of their bamboo in the next 80 years. The means by which this bamboo will die is left as an exercise for the student.

I now also see farmers are growing bamboo in local fields, so perhaps we might later be graced by panda bears swimming in the Grand Union Canal. Never Say No To Panda.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:02 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

Michael Hart. Aren't pandas at risk of periodic widespread die off of the bamboo species they consume? This might well happen again within 80 years, but nothing to do with climate change. Strange how anything negative can be linked to climate change, but only very occasionally anything positive.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

michael hart & ACK

The breeding pair of pandas in Edinburgh Zoo demonstrated a complete lack of interest in breeding.

Could Keith Vaz offer some advice on available pharmaceutical assistance, should his family decide they do not want him to spend more time with them? He could really get a proper popper bunga-bunga panda party going.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:11 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

golfCharlie.
Some incorrect assumptions here I think.
Vas's alleged activities had little to do with procreation.
Also a bunga bunga party with only bamboo juice would be a right bummer. Better things to do on a Saterd'y nite in Edinburgh.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK