Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Reporting on the Greenpeace London stunt

- This is a spill over from the Unthreaded pages, so the topic doesn't crowd out the other topics there.

Re Greenpeace free ads on BBC/commercial media
The reason I/we focus on the BBC is
#1 cos by some measures it's bigger than all the rest of UK media put together (eyeball minutes)
#2 essentially it is quasi taxpayer funded, so wasting public money
Almost all modern 'news' sources do not do news they do infotainment. Their aim is NOT to give a true and properly contexted view of the world, but are dominated by other motivations ..chasing audience, fitting in with politics, chasing budget from funders etc.
- In the UK almost all media is incredibly London centric they will report London but never trek up to Scunthorpe .
BBC anti black ? Well I've never heard anyone with my accent speak on the BBC. The only people in my entire region of North Lincolnshire (pop 250K) who get BBC money are the Chuckle Brothers, I bet every borough in London has more than that.

#1 Take a look at these news items about season 1 of the SE Asia haze
-- Air quality worsens as haze wafts in Thursday, Mar 31, Singapore
-- Pagasa confirms return of haze Saturday, March 26 Philippines
--- 83 schools in Sabah to close today and tomorrow due to haze Monday April 4, Sabah
These pollution levels are about 1,000 times worse than London, did you notice any coverage on the WORLDS biggest news operation ?

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:23 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Part 2
People raised the issue is the BBC/commercial media "rewarding the terrorists/lawbreakers with the oxygen of publicity"
My guess is Yes ..the hours of reporting were probably disproportionate to the news value

#2 Direct action is illegal in the UK and is not needed as other LEGAL recourses are available..like making films, festivals etc. I other countries that may nopt be the case.
So I don't support lawbreaking by Fathers for Justice either.
One political group is stealing from the others if it uses law breaking tricks to get free advertising.

My guess is that BBC have again broken their charter by giving FREE ADVERTISING to GreenDreamers

Bottomline ..Stuff Londoners !.. Why ?.. Cos is UK anti-pollution $$$ were spent in South East Asia, far more public good would be done with it.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Re Last years coal mine protest, newspaper said
"Roger Geffen, 49, of Southwark Bridge Road, London, pleaded not guilty to ... or disrupting mining activity, and will appear in court in March 2016"

..Yet I can find no reporting of any outcome .. Is it normal for trials to get delayed with no reporting ?

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

More non concern and reporting about pollution
..with the "Mother Nature isn't as bad as fossil fuels" meme

Today The Mexican Town of Puebla is covered in volcanic dust
..Which reminds me that many days last year some airports in Indonesia were closed due to volcano dust , particularly Bali.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

stewgreen, the BBC is smothered in a dangerous Green Haze. It may prove terminal. Parts of the brain and major organs require removal, if intelligent life is to be presserved.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

I wonder how long this thread will last because you will have no one to argue with.

Perhaps thats why it morphed from its outset into another anti BBC vehicle. Some of you just can't keep off this particular subject. Enjoy.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:58 PM | Unregistered CommenterAlan Kendall

Alan Kendall, the BBC can not even admit to anything wrong in the 'BBC 28 Gate' shenanigans, because it does not think it has done anything wrong.

The BBC was correct to report on the 'Institutional Racism' within the Met Police. On what evidence is the BBC relying on, to indoctrinate the population on the perils of Global Warming? 28 Gate removed any responsibility on the BBC to report without bias. How many people were needed to facilitate 28 Gate? Who were they?

28 Gate was no 'cock-up', it was a conspiracy.

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:11 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie