Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Skeptical Groupthink about ATTP

Mike,

You can wait till hell freezes for all I care.

Likewise, but you still haven't explained why you wrote a fairly insulting comment and then complained about me being somewhat ill-mannered. I'm genuinely interested in why you would do that. Do you think your insults are justified? Do you think that others should be well-mannered, but not you? What is it?

I have already explained in some detail how you are perceived by me and others on this site.

Yes, I know, but why would you then expect my response to be well-mannered, which is what you implied?

I have made it clear in reasonably civil terms that we are unlikely to agree on anything very much and that where I feel the need or the urge to do so I will comment on what you say in terms as robust as I think they deserve.

Absolutely fine, and I will do the same. Again, why did you then complain about me being slightly ill-mannered? Do you think that if you believe your insults to be justified that the person being insulted should respond politely? Rather naive and somewhat lacking in social awareness if you do.

was impolite and not in keeping with the general standards that, I believe, we normally try to maintain.

And, as I suggested earlier, I fail to see how anyone with basic reading comprehension can say this with a straight face. Do you read the posts? Do you read the comments (your own included)? It's possible (although unlikely) that the views on this site will turn out to be roughly correct, but suggesting that the site tries to remain polite seems bizarre.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:53 PM | Unregistered Commenter...and Then There's Physics

This is a really funny thread.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM | Unregistered Commenterhunter

It is almost as if Ken wants to know why no one takes him seriously or trusts him. Well, perhaps he could take respopnsibility for the things he writes.....LMFAO

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:29 AM | Unregistered Commenterdiogenes

Diogenes, all you really need to know is that if it was possible for this discussion to happen at aTTP's blog with the same freedom of speech for all contributors, then it would not be necessary for one of his supporters to start it here at Bishop Hill!

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:09 AM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

This topic reminds me of my brother and me. We used to fight like cat and dog to the point where our Mum would ask why we wouldn't leave each other alone if we hated each other so much. The fighting only stopped when I no longer considred my brother competition.

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2