Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Help with Domestic Solar FITs tariff information

I'm trying to produce an historic timeline of the level of FITs tariffs given for Domestic solar generation.

Why am I doing this? I'm trying to establish the legacy costs of domestic solar that we (the UK) have committed to for domestic solar installations dating back to the start of FITs.

My ultimate goal on this would be a simple listing of when the tariffs changed, covering the time period from when FITs solar first started to the present day. I doubt anyone will have a complete timeline to hand (but if they have, and are willing to share it I'd much appreciate that) so even if you happen to know that on such and such a date it was Xp per kWh, that snippet of information will be of interest. I'll build these into the timeline.

May 11, 2015 at 9:02 AM | Unregistered CommenterCapell

Presumably the information you require will be held by one or more "Public Authorities". In that case, by law, they are obliged to provide you with that information if you request it under FOI law (or under Environmental Regulations, if that applies).

The website https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/ provides a list of Public Authorities and it provides a convenient and easy-to-use means of making FOI requests. Go for it.

May 11, 2015 at 9:23 AM | Registered CommenterMartin A

Here are ofgem documents giving tariff rates from 01 August 2011 to 30 September 2015:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/feed-tariff-fit-scheme/tariff-tables

Good luck.

May 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM | Unregistered CommenterBrownedoff

Many thanks to both of you for your prompt replies. Brownedoff: that link gives me exactly what I wanted. I had no idea the tariffs had changed so frequently.

May 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM | Unregistered CommenterCapell

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/11652326/How-to-green-your-home-without-wasting-money.html

Not exactly on topic but I thought I'd store it somewhere I could find it. A great article on energy saving payback.

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:21 AM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

@TinyCO2 that's Good Info ..assuming he's thoroughly checked his facts link
..seems like he's got his head properly screwed on
basically says : 'draught stripping will give instant results, and probably pay for itself inside a few months.
Chimney balloons - 20 quid, good investment
.. possibly loft insulation if your is not upto scratch
..everything else from double glazing, to solar panels ..look like gimmicks which don't have payback times shorter than their own lifespan'

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:03 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

When I moved into my current home it was very draughty and noisy. A quick fix of sealing strips and I was amazed at the effect. I've recently replaced them all but only because the windows were falling apart and their security was less than perfect. Ditto I have a new boiler because I needed a new boiler. I don't expect my bills to vary much, in fact they may go up because it now delivers hot water when I want it and not just when it feels like it.

I've looked into heat pumps, solar panels and solar heating and they're just not viable and like the guy say, the feed in tariff is just stealing from the poor.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterTinyCO2

TinyCO2
Invest in some velvet curtains in your main living area. Not sure of the payback time these days but in winter they have made a measurable difference in every property I've lived in. Close the curtains and without increasing energy input room temperature will rise. They also are good at keeping a room cooler on sunny summer days, especially if the linings are white.

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:53 AM | Unregistered CommenterSandyS