Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Al Jazeera broadcast

A message from David Holland:

As promised, these are the Al Jazeera channels: Freeview 83, Freesat 203, Sky 514 or Virgin 622. Full schedule for Head to Head (NB in GMT) is at:
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/headtohead/2013/06/201365124941624704.html

Dick Lindzen at the Union is scheduled for first broadcast by Al Jazeera at 9 pm BST on Friday 12 July.

If you miss it, it is repeated on 13 July 13 at 13:00 BST; 14 July at 02:00 BST; and 15 July at 07:00 BST.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM | Registered CommenterJonathan Jones

A reminder: Dick Lindzen at the Oxford Union is scheduled for first broadcast tonight.

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM | Registered CommenterJonathan Jones

Thanks for pointing that out - I would have missed it otherwise.

I thought pretty impressive all round. Mehdi Hasan did a good job of putting the environmentalist case, and it was great to otherwise see the entire panel presenting a range of sceptical view points.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM | Registered CommenterPhilip Richens

I thought Lindzen was appalling. His favourite phrase was 'let me put it this way" and then totally fail to deliver. He was incoherent, rambling and almost totally devoid of facts. He missed several open goals and was in my view a complete disaster.

If I were a warmist I would be laughing all the way to Real Climate.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM | Unregistered CommenterJohn Hewitt

A lot was edited out..

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM | Unregistered CommenterBarry Woods

Myles Allen was good..

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterBarry Woods

There's a discussion on the main BH page. I agree Allen was good. Rose's bringing in the Inquisition and Galileo was a tactical disaster.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM | Registered Commentergeoffchambers

Hasan liked the sound of his own voice too much and hogged far too much of the available time. Lindzen takes a long time to make a point and effectively Hasan prevented him from making almost every point he wanted to make. Tragically Lindzen did not seem to be aware of what was happening, he never showed any urgency.
A number of the people asked to contribute at the end looked like plants (er not you Bish hehe)

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:10 AM | Registered CommenterDung

The critique of Lindzen's earlier House of Commons lecture has been mentioned over the weekend on twitter by Richard Betts, and retweeted by Mehdi (70,000 followers!). I think Lindzen's response to this critique should also be mentioned.

Hoskins etc: A critique of the scientific content of Richard Lindzen’s Seminar in London, 22 February 2012

Lindzen: Response to the critique of my lecture in the House of Commons on February 22, 2012

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:37 AM | Registered CommenterPhilip Richens

Dung

Lindzrn did mske his points..

Let me repeat myself. It was edited out

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM | Unregistered CommenterBarry Woods

Barry Woods

You were there and I was not so obviously I accept what you say.
However moving to the last post by Philip Richens; The nature of the critique of Lindzen's presentation to MPs pretty much proves my point that it would have been way over the head of every MP present.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM | Registered CommenterDung

Dung,

Lilley I think was at the HoC talk, and would have got it.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM | Registered CommenterPhilip Richens